After nearly two months without even touching on this project, I decided to give it a go this week. These past two days I’ve been working on the nose cone and I am very pleased with the result thus far. Right now I’m not bothering with the regulations much because this area of design is relatively free, with only a few minimum cross section area rules to the tip of the nose and the front wing mounting pylons. I’ll check that later and should it be outside the regulations I’ll fix, but I’m not caring much at all.
These are the two sketches I used to draw most of the shape of the nose cone, using the extrude -> intersection feature. After that I was just using fillets to do away with the sharp edges…
This was one piece I though would give me a lot of headache, but turned out to be very easy (granted, my design is extremely simple), and the fillet around the area where the nose and the pylons meet worked brilliantly, against my expectations.
Nose, tip opening
This one was very simple to do, but I liked the end result so much!
And here are some more better-rendered images of the beta version of the nose cone:
I am not a Ferrari fan by the way!