• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 30 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Early development race 2011

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Asanator Asanator 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    craig-o
    Participant

Who has the fastest car, 2nd fastest car, etc.? And will this set the trend for the season? I believe that it is at the moment: (Based on a combination of race pace and qualifying pace)

1. Red Bull

2. McLaren

3. Renault

4. Ferrari

5. Mercedes

6. Sauber

7. Force India

8. Toro Rosso

9. Williams

10. Lotus

11. Virgin

12. Hispania

Red Bull are in front by a long way in qualifying trim, but are about par with McLaren at the moment who appear to look after tyres better. Ferrari, Renault and Mercedes, based on China, are very close. Mercedes have the qualifying pace, then Renault and then Ferrari. However in race trim it’s reversed by the looks of things. Sauber and Force India will have a tasty (excuse the Jake quote) battle this season at this rate. Toro Rosso, Williams and Lotus are all at the back with just Virgin and Hispania (who are fairly close) behind them. It’s good to see the latter just a couple of seconds off the pace as oppose to a handful.

Your views?

robbiepblake
    Participant

It’s good to see Lotus moving forward but at the same time it’s sad to see Williams moving backwards. It’s also very nice to see Renault being so quick in race and qualifying, although they need to iron out a few issues. I hope they continue to trounce Ferrari and I want Mercedes and Sauber to move forward too.

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Great thread! I don’t have time to look now but I think we could find some interesting facts in here.

We could have graphs and everything :D

I’ll look properly tonight.

Asanator
    Participant

‘ I hope they continue to trounce Ferrari ….’

Oh really, I suggest you check the championship tables and the Chinese GP Race result!

The Ferrari is a much faster race car than people give it credit for, it is by far and away the fastest car at the end of each stint, they have just inherited McLarens historical tactical flaws with the appointment of Pat Fry (coincidence?)!

S.J.M
    Participant

“The Ferrari is a much faster race car than people give it credit for, it is by far and away the fastest car at the end of each stint”

Of the grid or of the Ferrari/Renault cars?

“…they have just inherited McLarens historical tactical flaws with the appointment of Pat Fry (coincidence?)! “

Or perhaps its a tactical masterstroke by Mclaren in letting him go there ;)

Asanator
    Participant

Indeed!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.