• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 2 hours, 25 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Explain your avatars

This topic contains 444 replies, has 222 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Rodney Rodney 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 445 total)
  • Author
    DaveF1
    Participant

Mines one of the preset games for windows live avatars that I used as my F1Fanatic avatar when I first joined cause I couldn’t think of anything better. It’s kinda grown on me hence why I’ve kept it. :P

Fixy
    Participant

I recently modified my helmet to create a tribute to Badoer’s (like I previously did with de Angelis) and what better occasion to “wear” it as an avatar than the Italian GP, the race he was never allowed to take part in four years ago, the race where his negative record would have been broken, the race where, in front of his home fans, Luca would’ve won for Ferrari?

Fixy
    Participant

I couldn’t do nothing after yesterday’s news. I started liking Massa before I started liking F1, I owe him a lot and he is, and always will be, my favourite driver. The first I saw, the first I liked, the one I saw grow and fall, the one I saw the joy and sadness of, the one I cheered for six years and the one whose little successes were my own.
    My avatar will be Massa’s 2013 helmet from now till the end of the season. Hoping I can bring him, for once, good luck, hoping he can, for once, get back on the top step of the podium, hoping he will, for once, put his own interest above that of his team mate, and hoping Ferrari will support him once Alonso is definitely out of title contention.
    Thank you Felipe, see you next year stronger than ever! Good luck Kimi with the new (old) challenge, hoping you can teach Alonso a lesson!

Fixy
    Participant

I said I’d keep Massa’s helmet as avatar until the end of the season but given the circumstances I’ve changed it to de Villota’s for some time.

OmarR-Pepper
    Participant

@fixy well done in this temporal change on your avatar (I noticed MDVillota’ helmet the first day you posted it) … BTW, when I see your avatar, whichever helmet you decide to post, I know it’s you. Just wondering why some people worry so much about Vettel’s usual change of helmets as if it was wrong, even I heard a (nonsense) rule could be stated to keep drivers from changing helmets… I liked Jenson’s zumo wrestlers choice yesterday! So let drivers drive with any design they want, as long as the helmet keeps its function of protecting the guy’s head.

Fixy
    Participant

@omarr-pepper thanks, I actually wondered if my “helmet changes” made me less recognisable. Of course the style is always the same and, strangely must I say, not so many people here use helmets as avatars, which obviously helps.

the_sigman
    Participant

Marco Simoncelli tribute (two years without him on Wednesday)

Fixy
    Participant

My avatar for the Brazilian GP weekend is still Massa’s helmet, but this time the special edition design he will also be wearing this time around to salute the end of his Ferrari career.

the_sigman
    Participant

Changed to wish Schumi good luck for his recovery.

andae23
    Participant

Same here

Changed mine back to OG Geoff after my emotional split with Sauber.

Mcquiz
    Participant

Mine is Estonian racing driver Kevin Korjus driving in the rain in WSR during the 2012 season which was unfortunately not successful. I have been supporting him ever since he was 12 and racing in local karting series. I have full belief that he is talented and smart enough to be in F1 but I doubt if his bad luck allows him to get there. By smartness I mean staying out of stupid incidents like what Grosjean did in previous seasons. To me he seems a lot like Vettel only with worse luck.

Mike
    Participant

I make a bit of a mistake with mine. It’s nothing particular, just a sniper kitty. :3

Except…. When I saw it I was on my dads computer, so I downloaded it to the desktop and put it on my profile…. Which is great. Except it was labeled “dangerous pussy”

About a week later I saw this and renamed it. I wonder if he opened it O.o

Neel Jani
    Participant

As everybody would recognise, mine is of Jorge Lorenzo. Firstly I admire him. Secondly, I admire the logo and lastly, it represents my character aptly (halo and devil’s horns)

krtekf1
    Participant

My avatar is Schumi in Barcelona 96´ :) ……..”It was a demonstration of brilliance” ….

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 445 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.