F1

Explain your avatars

This topic contains 452 replies, has 225 voices, and was last updated by  PorscheF1 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 451 through 453 (of 453 total)
  • Author

bull mello
    Participant

Update, my previous avatar and explanation was regarding a Jim Clark photo because Clark was best.

Current avatar is me on my Rickman 125 motocross bike. This was back in the mid to late 70s. Never raced, but Rickman motocross bikes were built to race. For those who aren’t familiar, Rickmans were built in Great Britain by the Rickman brothers. Their frames were stainless steel with incredibly fine welds. They used Sachs and Zundapp 2 cycle motors. Mine was equipped with a Zundapp 125cc. It was incredibly peaky with nearly all the power in the last 2,000 rpm. Note, keep the R’s up at all times, do not let it bog down. Low end torque was pretty much non existent. Fun, fun bike. Did a lot of dirt riding not too far from home. The only true racing machine I’ve ever owned. So, there it is.

PorscheF1
    Participant

These were quite funny to read. Some dating back years.

Still time to jump on the train right? Mines Webber, been a big fan since forever. He drew me into F1 on a stupid sunny morning when I was sick and could not sleep. All of a sudden I was watching fast cars around a strange track in the morning. His first race was mine too.

Only much alter though I began watching Formula one very active. I’ll never forget the man, he is my childhood hero.

PorscheF1
    Participant

Oh, and then partnering my all time favourite brand, Porsche..

Viewing 3 posts - 451 through 453 (of 453 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.