There are a few big problems for me in F1 2010:
No split times to other cars
No replays for other cars etc
Completely wrong lap times at times*
Unexplainable races from some AIs**
* Start a race in say 3rd, take 1st place by end of lap 1. Notice how the AI’s time is faster than yours. Completely impossible.
** Some races you will can qualify well, be leading, do a pit stop and end up losing to someone who started at the back. Apparently this is partly to do with a bug that sometimes lets the AI not pit and finish a race.
All these problems have lead to complaints that the AI is faked within the game (mentioned: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/09/30/f1-2010-pc-review-the-fake-ai-controversy-and-details-on-the-first-patch/).
If this is the case, this needs to be sorted because it is horrible and lazy by Codemasters. If it didn’t affect the racing and the ability to replay races etc it wouldn’t be a problem, but at the moment it is.
Ontop of this:
- Development over more than one season with AI driver transfers, differing car performances etc.
- Different pit crew/motor home etc when changing teams.
- Options for less arcadey, more simulation style gameplay (but keep in arcadeyness for people who dont want this). A hardcore mode sort of thing.
- Make intermediates useful: I find that you only ever need slicks or wets.
- Redesign of online game finding etc and ranking system. I dont play much online, but I (nearly) always manage to either win or be very competitive yet still my rank seems frozen on 20 whereas you can get people with rank 50 who are useless.
- Create online player ratings that reflect their % of DNFs (leaving online races) or how much they crash (to give players who intentionally ruin races bad ratings)
- Systems in place to avoid letting players deliberately knock players off as above (ghosting the cars etc)
- More customisation of character/helmets etc, better interviews, podiums.
- Safety cars that can be auto or manual (so new players who don’t understand it don’t get a million drive throughs)
- Slightly better penalty system: No corner cutting from going really wide or going off track and recovering. No blocking penalties after spinning. And my most hated one: no penalty for overtaking under yellows when overtaking the person who has crashed/spun!! <- Ruined many good races online for me.
- Better pit lane manual options (limiter, not crossing line etc)
- More in depth setup options (optional for those who want it)
- Get rid of twitchy wheel braking (steering left and right quickly under braking to reduce braking distance (this does work!))
- Much better radio coms with engineer. more useful info (i dont care when 9th place is pitting when im in 1st), request info on drivers etc.
- Better damage, unreliability (have to manage problems or fuel)
- Less completely-idiotic-on-occasions AI.
- Custom F1 team!!!
THings I DONT want:
- Parade lap: it’ll get boring after doing it once, just gives players more chance to screw up, lets bad online players take you out more easily, rubbish players will crash etc.
- Feeder series: it’s a nice idea, but it will be pointless after most players progress to F1. Also, new players can get into the game through heavy assists and weak AIs so its unnecessary.
- Commentary: it would be rubbish, wrong and repeat itself over and over Fifa style.
Please forward to Codemasters. Well done if you actually read all that :D