F1

F1 2011 (the game) wishlist

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

With Codemasters’ F1 2010 being released today, there’s no doubt going to be plenty of feedback on it (I expect you’re all off playing it right now). And with Codemasters having the 2011 licence, I thought this might be the place to brainstorm ideas for future installments of the game. I have three big ideas:

1) Include GP2 and/or GP3 as a tutorial. This would allow players to get a feel for the game, the handling and learn the circuits before joining Formula 1. The shorter races would also make the game a little more fogiving (ie you don’t have to do 50 laps to earn your stripes) And it could even be structured in such a way that if you do well in it, more teams are available when you join Formula 1.

2) Rotating driver roster. This wouldn’t so much apply to mid-season driver changes as it would end-of-season. Each AI player would have a set of objectives, just as you do; failure to meet them would see a driver change at the end of the year. The change criteria for the major teams would be much more difficult to meet than the Hispania and Lotus ones.

3) Expand interviews. Looking at gameplay videos, the responses to journalists are faily limited and pre-programmed. I think it would be very cool if you could give your own responses and the game would recognise them as positive, negative or neutral. It would be great to enter the motorhom, find a magazine with you on the cover and read your responses to questions posed by the journalists in the game. It would have to be entirely optional, of course.

karan01
    Participant

1) A dedicated (but optional) F1 steering wheel with usb or whatever console uses the input. It has shift lights, brake bias knobs, fuel management, engine management, and all the fun stuff so you can change the setup on the fly. That would be awesome.

2) More tracks. There will be the 2011 tracks but I would also like to see Adelaide, Austin, all the versions of Fuji, Donnington, Austria, the old Nurburgring, the old Spa, etc.

3) Event day, where you can cruise around a track by yourself in an older race car. I would love to give it my best at Spa in a classic race car.

4) Make your own team name, sponsors and livery on a computer in photoshop or download them and insert them into your PS3 via usb or something. There would be some awesome looking cars.

5) Make your own tracks, fully detailed and downloadable. It is still a wishlist right?!

6) Cross platform races. PS3 driver can race someone on a PC or XBOX.

7) Add your own music.

Hehe it is definitely a wish list all right :)

TommyB
    Participant

Design your own helmet with vinyl shapes like Forza. You have to use your career helmet online and as you may have already seen all the helmet designs are terrible.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

5) Make your own tracks, fully detailed and downloadable. It is still a wishlist right?!

Wish list, yes. But it’s a very tall order – the best Polyphony Digital can manage for Gran Turismo 5 is a passive version where you place markers on a map and then alter sliders to adjust the frequency and severity of corners.

Slr
    Participant

I could go on for hours about what I would like to see in F1 2011.

-From what I have seen in F1 2010, the penalty system looks broken. So that would need improving.

-Have red flags and safety cars.

-More customisation. E.g. helmet design, create your driver in detail, rather than just picking a load of heads.

-Have proper podium ceremonies. (It’s not that important, but it would be nice).

-Better team radio.

-Downloadable content. E.g. driver updates.

-More depth to the interviews.

@Karan01

Being able to race against players on other consoles is something that is out of Codmaster’s control. Mircosoft and Sony would have to come up with some sort of deal for that to happen. And it’s very unlikely that will ever happen.

NickV

– Have pitlane speed limiters that you have to press before and release after the white lines and have control of car in the pitlane

– Have proper flag rules and proper penalties (not get slowed down for 5 seconds for cutting a chicane, instead do it 3 times and get a drive through like in real life)

– Have proper safety car periods during which you are in control of the car and must keep within the real life rules

– Be able to have a team principal career with your own team or an existing one (including designing your own livery etc)

– Classic cars and circuits

glue
    Participant

wait, you don’t have control over your car in the pit lane?

My wishlist:

1) Rob Smedley.

TommyB
    Participant

wait, you don’t have control over your car in the pit lane?

I thought you could to be honest.

Have proper flag rules and proper penalties (not get slowed down for 5 seconds for cutting a chicane, instead do it 3 times and get a drive through like in real life)

Agreed, for me that’s the biggest let down.

Polishboy808
    Participant

I played the game all day yesterday (sadly on arrow keys cuz I lost my 360 controller pc adapter) and I dont see why anyone should complain about the penalty system. Its very good actually.

You get like 5 warnings for corner cutting and aggresive behavior,(didn’t count) and then you have to serve a drive thru within the next 3 laps. And you only have to have one incident of unsportsman like behavior to serve a drive thru.

True this gets annoying because in carrer you have to complete 20% of the real race distance, and after I pushed Kobayashi into the grass and he crashed out on lap 8, I got a drive thru from 16th, which kinda sucked, and another 8 laps of Bahrain on the keys is gonna suck even worse.

For me, just have better damage, some feeder series. And fix some bugs. I wanted to test the crash physics so I pushed Trulli into a wall at Valencia and his wheel was lodged into my engine bay, and then later FLEW out. And when you enter the pits for a mandatory pit stop, youre the last one to leave the pits, as you wait for the other cars to exit first.

But overall it is a fantastic game, and when I get my adapter for my MS 360 wheel, It will be much better.

Macca
    Participant

My wish list would be, every time you started to play the game, an alarm goes of in Murry Walkers house and he has to start commentating your race. :)

SteveMovieVoice
    Participant

If only Macca, It definitely needs commentary though. Just listening to the previews, i know that the engineer is going to be annoying.

Polishboy808
    Participant

No engineer is not as bad, he just warns you when your being to aggressive, when your cutting corners, when you need to come in to the pits, and when you have a drive thru. Oh, and the ocasional “Webber is leading the race” and “Thats petrov in front” It adds a really cool feel to it.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

I read there’s also team radio online, but there’s only one phrase and my version won’t have it.

“Dan Thorn is faster than you. Can you confirm you understand the message?”

Guilherme

No engineer is not as bad, he just warns you when your being to aggressive, when your cutting corners, when you need to come in to the pits, and when you have a drive thru.

kinda confused now =S Is it an actual drive through or just a speed limit for a set amount of time?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.