F1

F1 Access and The Official F1 App

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    F1antics
    Participant

I purchased the Official F1 App 2015 (android) almost a year ago, and am guessing it expires after a year. I also applied for F1 Access on the formula1.com website at around the same time, and got caught up in their technical problems so had to pay twice – once for the app, and once for F1 Access which was later refunded.

I never seemed able to get a fully co-ordinated service across the website and the app last year, and got error messages when trying to log in to the website. Lots of people were having similar problems and the app was useful on its own, so I didn’t make a fuss.

Now I’m coming up for renewal I’m wondering what to do. The app says I have an active account at the moment. Will anyone from the app or website contact me to say my account has expired, and advise on how to renew? Or should I simply buy the app again if or when it stops working? Or should I trust the F1 website when it says if I buy F1 Access, I’ll get the app for free? Will it work?

These are probably rhetorical questions, but if anyone has a better clue than me how it works, I’d be grateful for advice.

Atticus
    Participant

Basically, count me as someone who quotes this entirely post above and asks the same thing.

Ivan Vinitskyy
    Participant

+1 re the mobile app

F1antics
    Participant

Maybe the £19.99 was a one-off charge, rather than an annual charge??? I haven’t got a clue, but if that’s the case it might explain why I wasn’t able to take advantage of the 25% discount offer that they ran at the end of last year.

Anyway, I purchased the app exactly a year ago today. The app still says my subscription is active, and I have access to everything on the F1 Access website. I’ll see if anything changes over the next few days.

F1antics
    Participant

The app says my subscription is still active, 5 days after the purchase anniversary, but I got an email today thanking me for downloading and asking me to upgrade for £19.99 pa or £2.29 pm. I’m still really pissed off that I couldn’t use the 25% discount they offered late last year and wonder if I’ll always miss it if my subscription renews in March. I’m tempted to take out the monthly subscription and see if they offer a discount on the annual subscription later this year. It’s not much money in the scheme of things but it would be nice if they rewarded loyalty.

F1antics
    Participant

The app finally showed that my account was no longer active, and prompted me to subscribe again, so I renewed on the app not the website. I’ll report back after FP1 if I have any problems with my account on either platform.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.