F1

F1 driver salaries

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dragoll
    Participant

I found the below from Fox Sports in Australia. Not entirely sure if the salaries include bonuses and sponsorship fees, maybe this is why we’re seeing Kimi do more advertising than he normally would.

THE FULL LIST (Australian Dollars)
    $25.8m – Fernando Alonso, Lewis Hamilton
    $20.6m – Jenson Button
    $15.5m – Sebastien Vettel
    $14.2m – Nico Rosberg
    $12.9m – Mark Webber
    $7.74m – Felipe Massa
    $3.87m – Kimi Riakkonen
    $1.94m – Sergio Perez
    $1.29m – Romain Grosjean, Pastor Maldonado, Nico Hulkenberg
    $774k – Valtteri Bottas
    $645k – Jules Bianchi, Adrian Sutil
    $516k – Daniel Ricciardo, Jean-Eric Vergne, Paul di Resta
    $258k – Esteban Gutierrez
    $194k – Charles Pic, Giedo van der Garde, Max Chilton

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sports/formula-one/fernando-alonso-and-lewis-hamilton-are-the-top-earners-on-the-2013-formula-1-grid/story-e6frf3zl-1226639082360#ixzz2Sxr0cGh7

Source: Fox Sports Australia

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

maybe this is why we’re seeing Kimi do more advertising than he normally would

I think you’ll find that it’s more a case of the sponsors paying for a much broader ad rotation.

Sponsors don’t just make an advertisement and send it off to the television stations. They pay for it to be shown a certain number of times, for the time of day that it is broadcast, and even its rotation within an ad break. For instance, it would cost them a lot of money to show an ad featuring Raikkonen as the first (or last) ad in a commercial break during the Australian Grand Prix, since it’s prime time on a Sunday evening and the first race of the season. But it would cost them considerably less to feature the ad in the middle of an ad break for the Canadian Grand Prix, because it’s the middle of the season, the race is being shown on Sunday morning, and viewer attention is typically lower in the middle of an ad break than at the start or end.

AdrianMorse
    Participant

Why would Marussia be paying 654k for Bianchi? Not saying he isn’t worth it, but surely he would have gotten into the car for less?

Calum
    Participant

Nice saving for Mclaren(‘s accountants) not having to pay two “World Champion salaries” – look at the differance between Button and Perez! That has to be a base salary for Perez, which would make sense, as he is a relatively young driver and they don’t really know what they are going to get – safer to make it a performance bonus contract.

I wonder if Lewis or Fernando get any performance bonuses on top of their mega-deals? A lot was made of Hamilton being able to make his own sponsorship deals on top of his Merc earnings so he’ll be rolling in it!

$40.0m – Mercedes-AMG Petronas
    $25.8m – Lewis Hamilton
    $14.2m – Nico Rosberg

$33.54m – Scuderia Ferrari
    $25.8m – Fernando Alonso,
    $7.74m – Felipe Massa

$28.4m – Infiniti RedBull Racing
    $15.5m – Sebastien Vettel
    $12.9m – Mark Webber

$22.54m – Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes
    $20.6m – Jenson Button
    $1.94m – Sergio Perez

$5.16m – Lotus F1 Team
    $3.87m – Kimi Riakkonen
    $1.29m – Romain Grosjean,

$2.06m – Williams F1 Team
    $1.29m – Pastor Maldonado,
    $774k – Valtteri Bottas

$1.55m – Sauber
    $1.29m – Nico Hulkenberg
    $258k – Esteban Gutierrez

$1.16m – Sahara Force India
    $645k – Adrian Sutil
    $516k – Paul di Resta

$1.03m – Toro Rosso
    $516k – Daniel Ricciardo,
    $516k – Jean-Eric Vergne,

$0.84m – Marussia
    $645k – Jules Bianchi,
    $194k – Max Chilton

$0.19m – Caterham
    $194k – Charles Pic
    $194k – Giedo van der Garde

Todfod
    Participant

Wow. I cannot believe the difference between Button and Perez’s salary.

DavidS
    Participant

I’m curious, what was Hamilton’s salary in 2007 when he debuted with McLaren? Especially compared with Alonso.

Kingshark
    Participant

@davids

I believe the initial contact was suppose to be $30 Million for Alonso and $9 Million for Hamilton, then Hamilton’s salary almost doubled in 2008.

Kingshark
    Participant

@davids

I believe the initial contact was suppose to be $30 Million for Alonso and $9 Million for Hamilton, then Hamilton’s salary almost doubled in 2008.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.