F1

F1 personalities in TV adverts

This topic contains 320 replies, has 88 voices, and was last updated by  Keith Collantine 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 321 total)
  • Author

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Lewis Hamilton in Mercedes’ latest television spot along with various others:

andae23
    Participant

Saw that Mercedes one on Dutch TV tonight, not sure where he found that extra gear though… could explain why Mercedes has been so dominant this year.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Does this count as an advert? Amusing ad/interview with one of Vettel’s sponsors:

Christopher
    Participant

The jokes lose a little in translation, I would say :D

dragoll
    Participant

@orrc ich glaube das war sehr gut aus. (I thought that was very good) :P

Christopher
    Participant

Not a TV advert, but I found this Tag Heuer poster featuring Ayrton Senna to be in very bad taste:

glynh
    Participant

I don’t like the use of dead celebrities in adverts either, although I must admit I was impressed with the technology in the Audrey Hepburn one a couple of years ago, but I think linking it to the word cracks is a bit of a stretch.

I take it as them saying he didn’t crack under pressure like their watches won’t which is still a cheap tactic but not related to his death.

I expect someone owns the rights to his image and sold the rights as strange as that concept is.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Let’s get back to funny ones. Here’s Alain Prost in the bath:

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Yeah you’ll have good hair – but what will it do to your voice:

HUHHII
    Participant

Don’t know has this been showed on TV, but it’s an advert nevertheless.

Santander’s new christmas ad:

Yet another world-class performance by Kimi :-)

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Button in the latest Santander advert – a glimpse of the new driver overalls with Chandon sponsorship and team kit for McLaren in 2016?

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Cool ad for Braun featuring Vettel in a Formula V8 3.5 car:

AmbroseRPM
    Participant

It always amazes me how they do those adverts. Obviously they didn’t have a shipping container falling from the sky to land on Sebastian Vettel if it went wrong. CGI perhaps?

PorscheF1
    Participant

@ambroserpm Maybe more than CGI, they use the advantage of having still cameras, so they just let Seb go, then release the container a minute later and with a couple of computer’s tweaks they put it together.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 321 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.