F1

F1 Drivers' Worst Race Performances

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    wificats
    Participant

Seeing Vettel’s unusually woeful performance yesterday in the Mexican GP got me thinking, what was each driver’s worst race performance? The race where they showed the least of their talent, were hopelessly off the pace, or just generally embarrassed themselves. Here are two to get us started:

Sebastian Vettel: Spa 2010
    Made Mexico look tame. Crashed into Button, punctured his rear tire cutting up Liuzzi at the bus stop, burned out his wet rear tires later in the race.

Lewis Hamilton: Monaco 2011
    It would have to be one of the races from Hamilton’s dark days in 2011. Monaco is the one that stands out most. Tangled with Massa, crashed into Maldonado, ranted about the stewards after the race.

PorscheF1
    Participant

Jenson Button: Canada 2012
    Got doubled by the race winner in a McLaren. Race winner was nobody less than his own teammate Hamilton. Start of a series of very, very very, poor performances in a GP winning car that was arguably the fastest in the field.

Michal
    Participant

Lewis Hamilton: Canada 2011 – during these few laps he managed to run too fast during the SC, ran into Webber, ran off the track and finally collide with his team-mate.

Felipe Massa: Silverstone 2008 – spin, spin, spin.

Michael Schumacher: Hungary 2012 – everything went wrong for Schumi that day.

Kingshark
    Participant

Hamilton
    – Japan 2008
    – Monaco 2011
    – Spain 2013
    – Hungary 2015

Vettel
    – Belgium 2010
    – Nurburgring 2011
    – Belgium 2014
    – Mexico 2015

Alonso
    – Canada 2007
    – Japan 2007
    – Belgium 2010
    – Monaco 2013

dragoll
    Participant

Maldonado in any race where he’s dropped out in the 1st lap, Spa 2015, Australia 2015, etc… I know thats an easy one to pick on ;)

This is a hard topic for me, because I tend to remember good performances from my favourite drivers and forget the not so good ones… I think Nico Hulkenberg has had a couple of mediocre performances of late, but nothing truly horrific.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.