F1

F1 Fanatic Grand Prix Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Mathers
    Participant

Now the rumours are flying that Caterham may be up for sale, why don’t we all club together, and as a forum buy the team? F1 Fanatic Grand Prix.

I know it sounds crazy, but you don’t get anywhere in this life without dreaming! Funded by us as a group, and it would provide a way for us to get closer to the sport than any other. If we could get something like this off the ground, how amazing would it be?

This could be the start of something incredible, all we need is the finances to do it.

Plus, a team run by the fans for the fans, think of the media coverage and sponsorship opportunities. So who’s in? Who is up for the challenge?

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Man that’s some crazy idea! You’re mad!

In all seriousness, me and @mathers just discussed this and came up with the idea together. We’re probably not going to get anywhere, but who knows if you don’t try?

I’d definitely be up for it!

To add, if we do get enough people showing interest, we can always try and get the story – F1 Fans trying to create their own F1 Team – out into the media world, and try and generate some more interest that way. I’m sure there’d be someone out there willing to take a punt if we get our idea far enough! :D

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Well, we do have experience in front running teams @Mathers ;) – So sure, let’s give this a shot! :D

Mathers
    Participant

@jamiefranklinf1 if we get this done, I think you’d be the perfect candidate for Financial Manager and Team Principal, then I’ll find a spot on the technical team under our technical director! And we will have to make sure Bradley doesn’t touch the money!

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is quite an ambitious idea. But a fun idea, so sure. I can’t say I know much about anything useful but I’m sure a knowledge of psychology will be useful in some way so maybe some kind of consultant or race engineer for me.

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

@Mathers – I feel very privileged :D. Now to spread the word!

Kingshark
    Participant

Who would be our;

Team Manager
    Political Leader
    Technical Director
    Head Engineer
    Strategist
    Drivers

etc..?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Politics sounds fun to me.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Volunteering myself for the driver role.. I can boast a good GPLrank..

Now we just need to find over a hundred million dollars!

sozavele
    Participant

It obviously wouldn’t work financially. However, on a more serious note I wouldn’t object to a crowd funding idea. This has recently started in the theatre with the Pajama Game and the tour of Happy Days. In return investors get a small stake. I don’t think an owner would necessarily need to do this but say they could raise £250,000 by this I think they would be popular with fans, sponsors and it would make the fans feel involved.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

I am in.

I’ll vouch for team principal, just ‘cos ;-)

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@JamieFranklinF1 – Exactly! Just don’t let me near the finances…

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Anyway, all we need is 350 million pounds, so everyone start looking behind the back of your sofa!

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@full-throttle-f1 – Thats for the whole Caterham company. I wonder if he’d cut us a deal just for the F1 team? I found 10p in my pocket…

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

I wonder if Tony would give me a share in the team for some old Polo wrappers I have in my pocket?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.