• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 18 hours, 13 minutes ago

F1 discussion

F1 Fanatic Grand Prix Team

This topic contains 78 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David Not Coulthard David Not Coulthard 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JamieFranklinF1
    JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Well, I’ve got about £1,000 saved up, so as long as I can sleep in the factory, rather than renting a flat, then I could use that :P. I could also try to convince Santander to stop sponsoring McLaren and sponsor us instead, given that I work for them xD

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

@JamieFranklinF1 – Fantastic! Just £349,999,000 to go! :D

Profile photo of xjr15jaaag
    xjr15jaaag
    Participant

I’m in!!!!!
    I’d like to be a driver, AND someone with a technical role (like aerodynamicist or engineer etc)
    Can also contribute my savings (About £1,400)

Profile photo of JamieFranklinF1
    JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

I may be being a bit of a buzzkill here, but does anyone else agree that maybe the drivers should be those already waiting in the wings? :P I’m thinking we approach Red Bull/Ferrari/McLaren/Mercedes for someone in their YDPs to get them a little cheaper (and hopefully be paid for it).

Profile photo of Frieda
    Frieda
    Participant

I don’t know what happened to my previous message but here goes. I’ll do media/hospitality. Can cook too… I too can contribute just the exchange rate is killer!

Profile photo of Rigi
    Rigi
    Participant

i can handle the logistics! i’ve been working in logistics for 4 years now!

i live in one of the worlds richest countries, so i can contribute a bit of money, too!

Profile photo of In_Silico
    In_Silico
    Participant

I can be the press officer for either driver.

Profile photo of Cornflakes
    Cornflakes
    Participant

OK i know we’re joking in this thread. But just humour me for a second – how much would a season long sponsorship be for a rear wing advertisement, or engine cover or something of a small team? Crowd-sourcing can go a LONG way. I’d be willing to chip in a tenner :P

We could have ‘F1 Fanatic Fans’ as the advert, the letters made up from minuscule writing of all our names. How friggin COOL would that be – plus advertisement for this site. If everyone gave a tenner we could get there in no time!

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

@cornflakes – Me and @mathers are actually being deadly serious :-). It’s unlikely us clubbing together can get enough money unless someone on here happens to be a billionaire, but if we get enough people saying they’d like to take part then we can show people we’re serious and try and generate some media interest in the hope that someone see’s it and decides we’re worth a punt. If it’s just two blokes however, we won’t get as far. We need a solid list of names of people who’d like to try and get involved. The more people we have, the more chance we have of going further.

Cornflakes
    Participant

I admire your ambition. I think expecting to be able to buy a team out right and run it is pretty unrealistic if not impossible. However… just a modest sponsorship deal…

Profile photo of Juan Pablo Heidfeld
    Juan Pablo Heidfeld
    Participant

You know I’m in!

Profile photo of Kingshark
    Kingshark
    Participant

I would like to volunteer myself is Technical Director. ;)

Al right boys. Let’s go for 1-1-11-11 wings. That set-up always works on Codemasters, surely it can’t fail here.

Profile photo of Iestyn Davies
    Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Given Santander sponsor Ferrari… if we could snag Bianchi and Santander sponsorship as a package, well, the sky’s the limit!

@cornflakes I haven’t seen a rate card, but from rough memory I can kinda imagine it containing 5 or 6 digits for a spot on the car, probably 7 for a prominent spot.

Cornflakes
    Participant

5 digits we can work with – in my little dream world MAYBE but ya never know :P

Cornflakes
    Participant

As you can see I need to be made Financial Director of this new team. And I’d like to a driver as well if possible. If not I’ll settle for Team Boss

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.