• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 1 day, 2 hours ago

F1 discussion

F1 Fanatic Grand Prix Team

This topic contains 78 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David not Coulthard David not Coulthard 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JamieFranklinF1
    JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

@Cornflakes – Yeah, we’re totally serious about this! :)

I say we start spreading the word on twitter. As much good as it will be to advertise on here, I think there’s more of a chance to catch more attention using social media.

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

As someone with over a decade and a half of experience in F1 manager video games, I’d like to sign up as driver coach.

Some of my personal highlights:
    -Signing Hill and Schumacher at Simtek for 1996. (Grand Prix Manager)
    -Signing Schumacher and Hakkinen for Jordan in 1999. (Grand Prix World)
    -Coaching Verstappen to the 1996 world championship. (Grand Prix Manager)
    -Making a team of Villeneuve and Schumacher work after 1997. (Grand Prix World)
    -Signing DC as Ferrari’s testdriver for 1999. (Grand Prix World)

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

@JamieFranklinF1 – Not a half bad idea. Maybe we should set up the ‘F1 Fanatic Grand Prix Team’ Twitter and Facebook accounts? Fancy doing the honours? :)

Profile photo of JamieFranklinF1
    JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

@Bradley13 – I’m happy to do the twitter side of things, if you want to do Facebook, since I don’t use the latter :P

Profile photo of Mathers
    Mathers
    Participant

This is awesome guys! I will be taking a spot on the technical team, maybe in the aero department, working under the experience of whoever we can sign up!

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

@JamieFranklinF1 – Of course! I’d forgotten that. Are you going to set up a gmail account for the team that we can use for both Twitter and Facebook accounts?

Profile photo of Theo Parkinson
    Theo Parkinson
    Participant

If we did do this, we’d need to create a partition and ask websites like this to promote it. If we can get about 10,000 signatures willing to help out, we should create a kick starter and contact Bernie. Tell him about the benefits and publicity of a crowd funded team performing at the highest possible level of a sport. I guarantee once we get to that point it will be smooth sailing…

Profile photo of spoutnik
    spoutnik
    Participant

What a great idea!

As a paper plane master I’d be happy to deliver all my knowledge at the head of the aero department.

Profile photo of Little_M_Lo
    Little_M_Lo
    Participant

I could give my expertise in Quali/Race Strategy, I am a pretty good mathematician for a 16 year old :)

Profile photo of Theo Parkinson
    Theo Parkinson
    Participant

I’ll be the chef if we sign Hamilton.

Profile photo of Frieda
    Frieda
    Participant

I’m in too! I have some savings but this exchange rate just kills me! I’ll be the media/hospitality person! (No tech knowledge/driver skills to talk off…)

Profile photo of Frieda
    Frieda
    Participant

I can also help in accounts as that is where I work now, but pretty please, don’t get me to be the one to ask for money – I’m just plain terrible at it!

Profile photo of sozavele
    sozavele
    Participant

How fast can you get 350 million? Reportedly Flavio ‘may’ buy the team but also says he doesn’t want to spend his millions on a team making a loss.
    Have you appointed anybody for HR yet?

Profile photo of Lucas Wilson
    Lucas Wilson
    Participant

@bradley13 @jamiefranklinf1

Have FB and Twitter been set up yet?

We are getting there! I have already secured sponsorship from my local Curry house :-)

Profile photo of Lucas Wilson
    Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Flavio?

Please, no! Briatore GP may as well be Stefan GP for all the controversy.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.