• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 31 minutes ago

F1 discussion

F1 Fanatic Grand Prix Team

This topic contains 78 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David not Coulthard David not Coulthard 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of spoutnik
    spoutnik
    Participant

How fast can you get 350 million?

Don’t ask Quantum Motorsport …

Profile photo of JamieFranklinF1
    JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

@Formula-1 – It won’t necessarily be £350,000,000, since I believe that’s for the entire Caterham group, and we’re just after the F1 team. And besides, even if it is purchased by someone else, why should that stop us? There won’t always be a grid full of teams, and with enough determination, there’s no reason we can’t get there.

The more I think about it and talk with @Bradley13, the more plausible this becomes. Just think of the publicity from a team funded solely by fan support. Right now, I want this more than anything ^_^

Profile photo of Mathers
    Mathers
    Participant

@jamiefranklinf1 it seems possible doesn’t it, with enough hard work and a bit of luck on our side! They’ve done it with professional football teams, why not an F1 team? How’s the twitter going?

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

@Mathers – Because of work I haven’t created the new account yet, but I’ll do that when I finish work today. However, we did get a tweet back from Steve Hood :) it’s nothing big, but it’s obviously something that generates a little interest with people.

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

@mathers, @JamieFranklinF1 – Agreed. Portsmouth Football Club is owned by the fans, so why can’t we own an F1 team? By the way, we should probably check with Keith that’s it ok for us to use the F1 Fanatic name. @keithcollantine, are you happy for us to go ahead with this?

Profile photo of Mathers
    Mathers
    Participant

Hey, if we are getting interest already, just think what a targeted campaign could achieve, we need to get Crofty involved on Twitter as well!

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

@Mathers – Exactly what I was thinking :). With Caterham looking to sell, and Sauber reportedly in a lot of trouble, we have the perfect opportunity in the next two weeks to sort things out, and if we can get one mention from someone on Sky or the BBC, just imagine the interest that could generate!

Bradley Downton
    Participant

F1 Fanatic Grand Prix Team Logo

Profile photo of Cornflakes
    Cornflakes
    Participant

I’ve got a mate that puts bumpers on cars, so he could be our head mechanic. Plus my Uncle’s in the carbon fibre business. So we’re half way to a Formula 1 car already! :)

Profile photo of In_Silico
    In_Silico
    Participant

Anyone good with photoshop or something similar could come up with an F1 Fanatic livery. That, I imagine would look pretty cool.

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

The Twitter page is in its most basic stage at the moment, but be sure to follow for more updates, and the Facebook page (and website) should be up soon too! :)

Profile photo of Iestyn Davies
    Iestyn Davies
    Participant

For livery… I think there is already one? When I click F1Fanatic Researchers threads (e.g. Monaco fan videos just started by Andae23), I can’t see them, but instead see a 404 page which has an F1Fanatic liveried car crashed on it :D

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Oh and the Twitter is F1FGP for those who want to follow :)

Bradley Downton
    Participant

We just need to get noticed eh guys… Easier said than done however!

Profile photo of Juan Pablo Heidfeld
    Juan Pablo Heidfeld
    Participant

I don’t know what I could bring, but I’d love to help

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.