• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 2 hours, 10 minutes ago

F1 discussion

F1 Fanatic Grand Prix Team

This topic contains 78 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of David not Coulthard David not Coulthard 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Kingshark
    Participant

@juan-pablo-heidfeld-1

Become a driver, a combination of Montoya and Heidfeld would be amazing. ;)

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

@Juan-Pablo-Heidfeld-1 – Bradley, Mathers and I are working on ways for fans to get involved at the moment. Funding will be the main priority, as well as interest and determination. Although at the moment, the best thing anyone can do is just spread the word. This won’t be an easy task, but once we can show that there is enough interest, then we can hopefully get some bigger backing :)

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/themes/f1fanatic8/images/error.jpg This is the livery I am referring to earlier in the thread :)

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Just to keep everyone updated – Our twitter page is up and running for everyone to follow, as if the Facebook page. Obviously, with the power of social media, this is the best way to get more people involved (Following, retweeting etc).

Also, the official website is in its final stages too!

With news that Sauber are in trouble as well, this could be the best opportunity we have to create a fan-funded F1 team, something which is completely unprecedented in the history of the sport :)

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Do we have anyone here who is good with websites?

Specifically WordPress, and someone who can create theme’s on WordPress.

David not Coulthard
    Participant

Despite what’s written in the above post….

Maybe I’ll do the websites. I haven’t got any proper blogs yet but I’ve got a wordpress account (which I use for F1FLive) so I’ll happily do a .wordpress.com site if you’ll let me (just send updates through email). Oh, and RSS feeds?

And if the logo isn’t there yet I’ll do it, please. I like to think I’m pretty good with GIMP

And sorry for joining so late but I’ve just spotted this thread a few minutes ago and……

David not Coulthard
    Participant

What about a logo like

@keithcollantine if that logo’s illegal tell me.

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

Who would we look toward as our main sponsor? Preferably some with blue or green logos themselves to match the F1F logo…

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

@jamiefranklinf1 can you link me up so I can find them when I get some more spare time?

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

@Pezlo2013 – Twitter.com/F1FGP and Facebook.com/F1FanaticGrandPrixteam

As for sponsors and livery – if possible, we would of course let everyone get involved in designing the livery. However, there is also the possibility of partnering with an existing team (For example, Sauber or Lotus), which may prove more difficult to overhaul their existing identity, but it would be part of the negotiations. Especially considering those two teams in particular don’t seem to have any issues with re-branding. Sponsors though, I don’t think we could afford to be too picky. If a company is willing to invest in us, then why would we want to say no? :P (Unless of course they had completely unrealistic demands)

Saints
    Participant

Please say this is a joke

David not Coulthard
    Participant

@pezlo2013 Having black silhouettes of companies’ logos (even if it’s Honeywell, for example, or Kwantum as another user suggested once for Team Enstone) displayed on an otherwise white-with-green-and-blue-stripes livery wouldn’t be bad……..

sozavele
    Participant

I am just wondering how much longevity this idea would have. Could you even finish a season? I doubt you would get enough sponsorship to cover development, payments, equipment and materials, transport etc. I personally think it is a nice idea but if you’ve not the tons of millions and the FIA wanting a long term team, why would they reject that in favour of a ‘nice’ idea on paper but wouldn’t have any long term future.

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

@Formula-1 – The idea isn’t just to get on the grid, it’s to sustain it as well. If we didn’t have the support to continue for the long term, then there wouldn’t be any point. That is why, in my opinion, it COULD be a better option to partner with an existing team. However, we’re not at that stage yet. First, we just need people to get involved :)

@Saints – In what way do you think this is a joke?

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

@Saints this is a legitimate attempt to be on the grid as a fan-run team, kinda like Portsmouth in English Football

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.