Alright, it’s been a day and nobody has had any real attempt at it, so here’s the answer:
1) Who was he?
Ian Scheckter, older brother to Jody Scheckter
2) Who was he racing for at the time?
March Engineering, running under the name Hollywood March Racing, and later as Team Rothmans International
3) What was the best result of his career?
10th place at the 1977 Dutch Grand Prix
4) Which race was he banned from competing in, and where was it held?
The 1977 Japanese Grand Prix, at the old Fuji Speedway
5) Why was he banned?
The Japanese were opposed to Aparthied, and the elder Scheckter only held a tourist visa when he arrived in Tokyo
6) Who would have been his team-mate for that race?
Brazilian driver Alex Riberio (this was probably the hardest question)
7) Was his relative allowed to compete, and if so, where did his relative finish in the race?
Yes – Jody was allowed entry to Japan; he finished 10th for Walter Wolf Racing, and set the fastest lap in the process
8) Who ultiamtely won that race? (the answer may be the same as question seven)
James Hunt won the race by over a minute from Carlos Reutmann’s Ferrari
Sone everybody only got bits and pieces of the answer, I can’t really settle on a winner. So, in the interests of keeping the thread going, I’ll pose another question:
Who is Kenneth Noye, and what is his connection to Formula 1?