Right. Knockhill. It’s a bit rubbish, and it only has 1 race a year of any note (BTCC). The circuit is short and the pitlane facilities are one step up from an empty field.
This is your chance to redesign it into an FIA Category 2 facility.
- The old circuit must remain as a shorter version of your new circuit so club races can still be run (like how many circuits have a short version within the longer GP layout), and so your new circuit must use the majority of the old circuit, but after that, it’s up to you.
- If you move the start/finish straight and pitlane from its existing location, then the old one must remain intact as a secondary/national pits.
- Your layout must show the pitlane. do this on the same map by doing as i have done above. start your layout with the pitlane, do your lap, meet the pitlane entrance, and then draw your start/finish straight in to meet with the pitlane exit.
- You cannot stray northwards or eastwards over the A823 or south over the B914.
- You can demolish nearby farm buildings. If you’re going to do so, it’s because the farmer has sold you his land, so you’ll want to be making good use of all he has sold you. Feel free to carve your circuit through that woodland to the south-east of the current track too.
- The terrain is a big factor here. Knockhill is famous for good use of the elevation changes. I highly recommend using the ‘terrain’ layer that google maps has on offer to make sure your circuit isn’t navigating any unrealistic rises or drops.
- Between 3 and 8 km or thereabouts please (including the pitlane length, for simplicity)
Edit: deadline Friday evening (UK time)