• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 6 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Track designing contest

This topic contains 1,677 replies, has 71 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of ching ho ching ho 53 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,516 through 1,530 (of 1,678 total)
  • Author
    Little_M_Lo
    Participant

Unfortunately no one else out in, so I’m passing this one on to @vmaxmuffin

VMaxMuffin
    Participant

Cool! Thanks @pezlo2013!

Ok… so there have been rumours over the last couple of years about Argentina returning to the Formula One calendar. Your task is to take any existing race track in Argentina and make it appropriate for use in Formula One.

Rules:

1) You cannot destroy any existing pit buildings or (residential/business) buildings around the circuit, however grand stands and ‘small/minor’ buildings shouldn’t be destroyed (use common sense).

2) The new track must be 4.5-7km long, and it should use at least 33% (1/3) of existing track minimum.

3) Pitlane must be at least 250m long, and its location must be described (or drawn in gmaps). An existing pitlane can be used, or a new one.

4) Maximum of 18 corners, no minimum

5) At least 1 straight at least 750m long with a hairpin (or any corner more than 90°) the end.

6) Most obviously – it must be located in Argentina!

I will be looking for a design that combines some long fast sections with flowing corners with some more technical sections too.

Deadline is Monday 19th of May, 17:00 Australian Central Standard Time (+09:30 GMT), which is 07:30 GMT.

PhilEReid
    Participant

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6305336

6.05 km clock-wise circuit. The pit lane is the bit on the inside of the circuit. I thought I’d go for something different with it and have it skip T1 completely, but also T2 and come out at the exit of T3.

I’m fairly sure the pit-lane would get away with not needing to destroy the current pit building… Though maybe a tiny bit at the end would need to go… Not that it was much of a pit building.

Atleast 30% of the original track is used, though it would be widened to about 15 meters in all places, from its current 10.

Pit-lane is about 600m long.

There are either 16 or 17 turns, depending on whether the slight curve after T3 counts as a corner.

I think the long straight is 900m ish.

It’s in Argentina. Just outside Mar Del Plata.

Qingwa
    Participant

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6306454

4,6 km starting at the dot first corner is long 180 right-hander
    pitlane along the start straight
    15-16 turns
    the s/f straight is more than 750m if you don’t count the t16 kink

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

Re-Furnishing the Potrero de los Funes Circuit in San Luis, which is personally my one of my favourite tracks in America in general, 5.54km, same pitlane, 18 corners, (T7 just before 3km mark pending)…

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6306918

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

1 Hour to go if I’m correct?

RetardedF1sh
    Participant

Since this still seems to be open, here’s my entry:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6311081

It’s just below the maximum length and has 18 corners if I count every little kink. The pitlane is same as the original.

VMaxMuffin
    Participant

Sorry I forgot to choose a winner yesterday, but the winner is… @RetardedF1sh! (lucky for you that I forgot :P )

I felt the circuit would create some good passing areas, some interesting technical ares and some more flowing sections.

Your turn!

RetardedF1sh
    Participant

You must give any of the current drivers a home GP, who does not have one. That leaves you with Finland, Denmark, Mexico, France, Venezuela and Sweden. Here are the rules:

- It can be based on an existing track or be a completely new one, but it cannot be a street circuit. However, it can still have sections of existing road.
    - It must be located near a city with an airport
    - It must be between 4 and 7 km ion length
    - It can have no more than 19 corners, but should have more than 14
    - It must have a long straigth for overtaking, with a fast corner leading to that straigth and a slower one at the end
    - You can only destroy small minor building, no inhabited buildings

I will announce the winner some time after the Monaco GP

PhilEReid
    Participant

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6312616

6.11km clock-wise circuit. I count either 17 or 18 corners.

VMaxMuffin
    Participant

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6313202

An upgrade to Jyllandsringen in Denmark. Track facts:

4.7km
    Anti-clockwise
    18 Turns

Start finish straight is the one where the trace starts, just after the final chicane. Pitlane would be built on the inside of that straight, with exit onto the straight and entry either before or after the chicane (not a big deal which way it was done).

The track is less than 40km from Aarhus, and there’s a dual carriageway for about 2/3 of the way.

Kanil
    Participant

Edit: ack, hold on.

ajokay
    Participant

An upgrade to Jyllandsringen in Denmark.

@vmaxmuffin No! You leave that track alone! It’s amazingly bonkers good fun on STCC2.

VMaxMuffin
    Participant

@ajokay I know that’s why I tried to keep the existing track as it is as much as possible ;)

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

@ajokay @vmaxmuffin Keep Calm, I’m gonna make a Mini-Nordschleife outside of Germany!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,516 through 1,530 (of 1,678 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.