Alright, slight delay, entries will close in exactly five hours!
Alrighty then, judging time!
Not a lot of entries sadly, but the winner is @philereid! Congrats! :)
Thanks @andae23 . I have to admit, I quite liked mine. Sometimes I do tracks which aren’t that great but this one I enjoyed making. The other tracks were also tracks I’d love to see in place of some of the current tracks we have on the calendar as well.
Right then, as for my challenge. Bernie has been fired, and has left behind a lot of money to be spent on a new facility (whilst this information was not necessary, it’s nice to think about sometimes). The new head of F1 has decided that they want a new race in Denmark. The new head is also a fan of Magnussen, so this may well explain the choice. An area has been delegated to be the location of the new circuit, and must be built within this area:
There are 5 things that the circuit must adhere to:
– Between 4km and 7.5km
– No more than 15 corners
– If you are creating an clock-wise circuit, there must be a sweeping left hander, and if you are creating an anti-clockwise circuit there must be a sweeping right hander. (This does not stop you having more sweeping corners, but there must be at least one of said corners)
– There can be a total of two 90 degree corners, but there can be none. This only refers to a 90 corner if it is a sharp turn (Turn 12 at Bahrain wouldn’t be classed as part of this criteria, but turn 1 at Austria would).
– The circuit between the 2-3km mark must come back within 100m of the pit straight, on the opposite side to where you would like to place your pits. Designing a pit-lane is not mandatory, just reference which side it is on.
This will end either of Friday at exactly the same time this is posted, or if there are quite a few entries, then I’ll extend it to Sunday at this time.
I also forgot to say, everything within the area can be used. All areas of water or anything like that can be taken as being filled it.
Not 100% who I should choose.
Forgot about this.
Should I still submit a track? Maybe set a new deadline.
Alrighty then, I’ll push it back to a couple of days from now, so Thurs 12 noon UK time.
6.1 km, clockwise
Note that since the distance starts counting from the beginning of the start/finish straight, so technically I did meet the fifth requirement.
Track is around 5.8km. Runs Clockwise. Inspired by Le Mans.
So, a little delayed on the announcement of a winner, but I’ve decided to go for @andae23 so, coming right back at you this time. It was quite difficult to decide to be honest, as each track would be a unique addition to the calender, but I think Andae’s would be mega fun to drive with essentially only sweeping corners. I love the final 2km of @npf1‘s and the 2-3km of @chingh‘s is nice as well.
I’d imagine Andae’s track would be almost totally dominated by Mercedes engine cars if it was run this year.
Following Bernie Ecclestone’s standard policy, the next country to host a Grand Prix is the Ukraine. This will be a street race in Kiev. Some rules:
– The track shall be fit for Formula 1.
– The entire track shall be located within this area.
– The track shall be between 3.0 and 8.0 kilometres in length.
– A pit lane is not mandatory, but it is appreciated.
Entries close within a week or so, depending on the entries and how busy I’ll be. I will announce the deadline 24 hours in advance. Good luck and have fun! :)
*Sigh* I can’t be bothered, just build me a street circuit in Kiev. :P
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Log in or create an F1 Fanatic account.
Advert | Go Ad-free
Adverts | Go Ad-free
© Keith Collantine 2015 • Disclaimer