• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 10 hours, 54 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Track designing contest

This topic contains 1,721 replies, has 71 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of PhilEReid PhilEReid 1 day, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,636 through 1,650 (of 1,722 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

Alright, slight delay, entries will close in exactly five hours!

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

Alrighty then, judging time!

Not a lot of entries sadly, but the winner is @philereid! Congrats! :)

Profile photo of PhilEReid
    PhilEReid
    Participant

Thanks @andae23 . I have to admit, I quite liked mine. Sometimes I do tracks which aren’t that great but this one I enjoyed making. The other tracks were also tracks I’d love to see in place of some of the current tracks we have on the calendar as well.

Right then, as for my challenge. Bernie has been fired, and has left behind a lot of money to be spent on a new facility (whilst this information was not necessary, it’s nice to think about sometimes). The new head of F1 has decided that they want a new race in Denmark. The new head is also a fan of Magnussen, so this may well explain the choice. An area has been delegated to be the location of the new circuit, and must be built within this area:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6388018

There are 5 things that the circuit must adhere to:

- Between 4km and 7.5km
    - No more than 15 corners
    - If you are creating an clock-wise circuit, there must be a sweeping left hander, and if you are creating an anti-clockwise circuit there must be a sweeping right hander. (This does not stop you having more sweeping corners, but there must be at least one of said corners)
    - There can be a total of two 90 degree corners, but there can be none. This only refers to a 90 corner if it is a sharp turn (Turn 12 at Bahrain wouldn’t be classed as part of this criteria, but turn 1 at Austria would).
    - The circuit between the 2-3km mark must come back within 100m of the pit straight, on the opposite side to where you would like to place your pits. Designing a pit-lane is not mandatory, just reference which side it is on.

This will end either of Friday at exactly the same time this is posted, or if there are quite a few entries, then I’ll extend it to Sunday at this time.

PhilEReid
    Participant

I also forgot to say, everything within the area can be used. All areas of water or anything like that can be taken as being filled it.

PhilEReid
    Participant

Not 100% who I should choose.

Profile photo of VMaxMuffin
    VMaxMuffin
    Participant

Hmmm

Forgot about this.

lol.

Should I still submit a track? Maybe set a new deadline.

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

I was out on holiday for the entire competition! :P is it ok to submit a track now? @philereid

Track itself is 5.2934. Clockwise. Pitlane on the outside.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6395677

PhilEReid
    Participant

Alrighty then, I’ll push it back to a couple of days from now, so Thurs 12 noon UK time.

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

6.1 km, clockwise

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6395749

Note that since the distance starts counting from the beginning of the start/finish straight, so technically I did meet the fifth requirement.

Profile photo of ching ho
    ching ho
    Participant

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6398212

Track is around 5.8km. Runs Clockwise. Inspired by Le Mans.

PhilEReid
    Participant

So, a little delayed on the announcement of a winner, but I’ve decided to go for @andae23 so, coming right back at you this time. It was quite difficult to decide to be honest, as each track would be a unique addition to the calender, but I think Andae’s would be mega fun to drive with essentially only sweeping corners. I love the final 2km of @npf1‘s and the 2-3km of @chingh‘s is nice as well.

I’d imagine Andae’s track would be almost totally dominated by Mercedes engine cars if it was run this year.

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

Yay! :)

Following Bernie Ecclestone’s standard policy, the next country to host a Grand Prix is the Ukraine. This will be a street race in Kiev. Some rules:

- The track shall be fit for Formula 1.
    - The entire track shall be located within this area.
    - The track shall be between 3.0 and 8.0 kilometres in length.
    - A pit lane is not mandatory, but it is appreciated.

Entries close within a week or so, depending on the entries and how busy I’ll be. I will announce the deadline 24 hours in advance. Good luck and have fun! :)

PhilEReid
    Participant

@andae23 Link is doing that thing again where it isn’t showing the area.

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

*Sigh* I can’t be bothered, just build me a street circuit in Kiev. :P

PhilEReid
    Participant

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com?r=6399467

6.08km clockwise circuit with approximately 13 corners. The pit-lane is the bit that sticks out to the right into the car park. Unorthodox, but I think it should work fine (no pit garages would be allowed on the turn).

Viewing 15 posts - 1,636 through 1,650 (of 1,722 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.