F1

F1 Forum Manager Game

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 422 total)
  • Author
    Kingshark
    Participant

So, the off-season has barely started and I see that we’re already bored! This game is mildly inspired on Joey Zyla’s original forum game. However, this one is quite a bit more complicated, and you are the manager of a team instead of the driver!

Rules & Regulations

1.) There are 22 open spots. It is quite simple. The first 22 people to apply receive receive a spot. To apply, you state your number (in order) and the name you apply with.

2.) In this game, every car is equal. The way you, as a team manager, can outclass your opponents is via car setup and strategy.

3.) In order to participate in each race weekend, you must submit your race strategy and car set up by 12:00 PM CET Friday.

4.) Qualifying results will be posted on Saturday. A Grand Prix Weekend will be held every Sunday.

5.) There are 10 rounds in the championship. We are using the same formation as the current F1 point system.

6.) Quite simply, whoever finishes at the end of the season with the most points becomes the 2012 F1 Forum Manager Game champion!

For instance. I am;
    Kingshark – #1.
    Next person state their name, then #2, and so on.

I will explain how we set-up the car and make a race strategy on Tuesday, or when we have 22 participants in the game, whichever comes first.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Joey Zyla – #2

Bombadier
    Participant

Bombadier #3

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you know exactly how everything affects your performance in different ways, wouldn’t it be unfair for you to play, @kingshark?

Kingshark
    Participant

@joey-zyla
    I’m not playing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

“For instance. I am;
    Kingshark – #1.
    Next person state their name, then #2, and so on.”

That gave me the impression that you were playing. Sorry. ;)

It’s cool that we now have two games to help pass time during the F1 off season. :)

Kingshark
    Participant

@joey-zyla

OK. Nevermind. We’re going up to 23 then. :P

I almost confused myself there!

Participant

Nicholas Sunderland

Can I reserve #13? I really want it. Otherwise, I’ll be #4.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hollis Graham #5

Kingshark
    Participant

@brazil2007
    Well, you could have waited. Not to be a strict-arse, but I kind of want to avoid any more confusion.

The numbers are irrelevant anyway. I just am too lazy to keep track myself. :P

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Goose #6

Participant

@kingshark Never mind, in that case. I just happen to love 13 (I always take it whenever possible). But 4 is fine if it’s insignificant.

Carlos Santos
    Participant

Nitas #7

Kingshark
    Participant

How To Play

How do I set up my car? How do I determine my race strategy?

Current applied managers, and members who wish to join this game, I recommend you to read over these guidelines.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1rJValNC5bTl6zGhuTeP7qWpBaZ-w1O3XZP4m7KSLX8Q

It may look complicated, but it really isn’t. All you have to do, is plug in five numbers within a value of 1-10, and then decide on a race strategy. I will do the rest.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds like simplified GPRO to me…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 422 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.