F1

F1 on BBC One HD this weekend!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Dougy_D
    Participant

Hey Guys,

Just noticed BBH ONE HD has launched tonight and guess what I found for this weekend :D

Both qualifying and the race will be in HD (albeit probably upscaled but better then not at all)

I only got HD 2 weeks ago :D Perfect timing!!

Icthyes
    Participant

I think the stuff with Jake and the boys will be HD and the race SD. FOM doesn’t use HD cameras as far as I’m aware, unless this is a new development.

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Judging by Bernie’s recent reluctance I can’t see the footage being HD.

Just wait until it goes 3D ;)

We’ll be long dead by then.

SoerenKaae
    Participant

Were they not supposed to be broadcasting F1 in HD in 2011? This might be to try the new equipment out or?

damonsmedley
    Participant

Just wait until it goes 3D ;)

Why? 3D is the most overrated thing I have ever seen. HD, however, is brilliant.

Icthyes
    Participant
    Dan Thorn
    Participant

HD is awesome – since I started gaming in HD I now find it very difficult to game in SD. Blu-Ray DVD’s are well worth the extra money too, especially if you have a decent sound system.

On a side note, is there any reason for the end of season review NOT to be released on Blu-Ray?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dan: I’m guessing that the video is digitally captured in standard definition, so any race-footage from the track-side cameras and the on-board cameras will be in standard definition, and it wouldn’t make sense to release that on a blu-ray disc.

Some of the footage pre- and post-race might be recorded in high definition though.

Icthyes
    Participant

Blu-ray will also be on its way out soon, what with downloads becoming veer more popular. Rumours are when the PS4/X-Box 360606060 comes into existence you’ll buy games off the internet and download them straight onto them.

Stretch
    Participant

F1 IS currently filmed in HD BUT it isn’t broadcasted/released by FOM in HD

I found this reliable source here

https://www.racefans.net/f1-information/f1-faq/2010-f1-season-frequently-asked-questions/

SteveMovieVoice
    Participant

I dont know if im going to be the only person dont this, but no way am I listening to Legard, its just standard standard definition and 5live for me. That is unless the reb button also has upscaled standard definition.

There was a definite benefit to the unscaled HD picture this weekend. I have my fingers crossed that the little man will keep to his word and get as a stream for 2011.

Have to agree with you though WelshF1, I find myself correcting his errors for other people in the room.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought the upscaled coverage was fantastic this weekend. Sure we were still stuck with Legard but the picture was great. Bring on full HD

AndrewTanner
    Participant

@damonsmedley I watched the Spurs vs. Milan game the other night at the pub and it was alright to be honest!

However, still horifically pointless.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.