F1

F1 Racing mag…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

anyone read this mag? is it any good? or what other F1 mags does anyone subscribe too?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m a UK subscriber, and I really enjoy reading it. It has loads of articles, and good features, including technology info from Pat Symonds, which is basic enough for someone like myself to be interested. The race reports are always good, as are the track guides (by Heikki Kovalainen this year.) These track guides help someone like me, becuase when I hear that so and so crashed at Turn x in practice, and I’ve missed it cos of school, I cane asily look i the mag and see. Overall, great magazine.

The only thing I would say is that they give an awful lot of coverage to McLaren, but that might just be my Alonso fanboyism coming out again…

Anonymous
    Inactive

cool, thanks – good advice as I just saw on Facebook an ad where they’re giving out a free issue so I might just take up that offer and see what it’s like – it does look like a good quality/premium mag though – thanks again

Calum
    Participant

I liked it better when it was the smaller glossy covered magazine, back in 2008/9 to be honest, don’t subscribe anymore because it felt like they kept bumping the price up every so often and I can just get my info from here and Autosport online. :D

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been a subscriber for a few years now and I like it. I admit at one point I wasn’t sure if it was worth the money but the features are usually good so I stuck with it. I agree with Daykind that there feels like a bit of a lot of coverage goes to the Brits (not just Mclaren focus) but it is a British mag and compared to other mags/blogs it isn’t that bad. If you want a magazine that focusses in F1 news though then this one isn’t the one for you.

I liked it when it was glossy in 09 too Calum.

australian
    Participant

Simply the very best F1 magazine on Earth. Good photos, updates, gossip, info on future, history reflections, so on.

You will not find a better current specifically F1 magazine

electrolite
    Participant

Anyone doing the 3 issues for £1 offer? If so does anyone know this is legit? I used to buy the mag ages ago, every now and then, but now I don’t bother. It’s way, way too expensive.

NickV

I agree that it is far too expensive but some of the features, in particular the interviews/q and a sessions, are very good. The Lauda interview in the latest issue is very interesting and entertaining. Autosport is a cheaper option and better for news and other series, but very little features compared to f1 racing.

Toby.
    Participant

Prefer Autosport. Formula 1 is my favourite sport in the world, but it’s good to touch up on what’s happening in other series’.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.