F1

F1 Racing or Autosport?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    GeorgeDaviesF1
    Participant

Get F1 Racing every month, I get Autosport occasionally, the British GP pre and post race ones, Monaco, season preview, season review etc

I like Villeneuve in F1 Racing, vaguely remember him from 06, v. opinionated in his column

realracer

As a whole I prefer Auto-sport, but in terms of F1 news it has to be F1 Racing, Autosport are overly bias towards British F1 drivers, all ways hyping them up for the smallest of things.

GeorgeDaviesF1
    Participant

Im not too keen on Pat Symonds race reports though, prefer how Peter Windsor wrote them

raymondu999
    Participant

@GeorgeDaviesF1 that man is amazing with his race reports – very eloquent. Having said that; don’t read the reports for the technical and driving stuff – he’s not very good, and the little stuff he does post is usually wrong.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I buy both, although I download Autosport digitally from Zinio to read on my Android tablet.

Anyone here remember the old Formula 1 News mag that from years ago? Now that was a proper F1 mag if ever there was one!

I also buy Motorsport magazine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I find F1Racing biased too @Faraz . Both are great but I found Autosport more in depth and covered a wide range of sports but if you just want light F1 stuff then F1 Racing is great and usually does a few good features and interviews. That said, I’m likely to cancel my subscription and save my money as there’s always the internet and buying biographies if I get really desperate for a fix.

raymondu999
    Participant

@Steph actually @Faraz finds Autosport biased; not F1 Racing :P

Denzel Brown
    Participant

F1 Racing for sure. More focused and better insight and fully dedicated to F1. Autosport is very good though but I don’t like other motorsports as much as F1 to warrant me getting it more than twice a month.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@raymondu999 I know, I meant that out of them both I think F1 Racing is biased too, sorry!

realracer

@Steph Hey Thanks at-least someone agrees with me.

sbl on tour
    Participant

autosport was the bible before t,internet, dont buy it anymore but did get last weeks as there was good anaylsis of the new launches
    F1 mag, as a monthly its gets out of date too quickley plus theres too much of a pr aspect to it
    you know what, think I prefer this forum now to the written word (there ye go keef)

Dan8
    Participant

Autosport is great, but very expensive to buy on a weekly basis, or even just for the race reports. I feel you don’t get enough for your money.

F1 Racing is good too, but I don’t think it is as good as Autosport.

If F1 Fanatic did a magazine it would be fantastic! Would that be possible @keithcollantine ?

Calum
    Participant

Only buy Autosport when there’s been car launches, when my fave driver wins, or I like the cover photograph. :D

Anonymous
    Inactive

I feel that Autosport magazine has been getting worse over the past few years, I can’t quite put my finger on why this is though.

GeorgeDaviesF1
    Participant

I get certain autosport last year were, Preview, Post China, Post Monaco, Post Canada, Pre and Post GB, Post Belgium and Italy, Post Japan, Post Korea, Review

Most of those have other reports aswell as the F1 which is influence, problem is, Le Mans, 10000km Silverstone, are on different weekends to GP’s this year

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.