F1 shows heart !

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of australian australian 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of australian

Watching the Melbourne race now, much respect to the different teams and drivers showing support to japan on their helmets and cars. Great job guys !

Profile photo of AndrewTanner

Yea, lovely stuff really :)

I hope Japan managed to catch their boy out on track, he did them proud again.

Profile photo of rabbit

The whole thing was a PR exercise .

Profile photo of Calum

Fraid so… especially when you remember near neighbour to Australia, NZ, was smashed with an Earthquake too recently.

Profile photo of Mouse_Nightshirt

Although a tragedy, the Christchurch earthquake isn’t even remotely comparable to the Japan disaster. There were nearly 100x as many fatalaties, a nuclear mess and dozens of settlements completely wiped off the map.

I’m glad that minute happened. Good to show that a sport as self-centric as F1 can look outwards.

Profile photo of australian

To say it was a PR exercise is pathetic…F1 is massive in japan, I say so with experience I lived there for years and my wife is japanese.

The stickers didn’t say “donate to japan” they said pray for japan, no doubt a number of those japanese who lost their lives/homes/familys would have been F1 fans.

Hearts out to N.Z. too, with no offence but in comparison the japanese quake was significantly worse..

With F1’s global audience of millions, its a great way to display humanitarian compassion.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.