• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 1 day, 6 hours ago

F1 discussion

F1 shows heart !

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of australian australian 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of australian
    australian
    Participant

Watching the Melbourne race now, much respect to the different teams and drivers showing support to japan on their helmets and cars. Great job guys !

Profile photo of AndrewTanner
    AndrewTanner
    Participant

Yea, lovely stuff really :)

I hope Japan managed to catch their boy out on track, he did them proud again.

Profile photo of rabbit
    rabbit
    Participant

The whole thing was a PR exercise .

Profile photo of Calum
    Calum
    Participant

Fraid so… especially when you remember near neighbour to Australia, NZ, was smashed with an Earthquake too recently.

Profile photo of Mouse_Nightshirt
    Mouse_Nightshirt
    Participant

Although a tragedy, the Christchurch earthquake isn’t even remotely comparable to the Japan disaster. There were nearly 100x as many fatalaties, a nuclear mess and dozens of settlements completely wiped off the map.

I’m glad that minute happened. Good to show that a sport as self-centric as F1 can look outwards.

Profile photo of australian
    australian
    Participant

To say it was a PR exercise is pathetic…F1 is massive in japan, I say so with experience I lived there for years and my wife is japanese.

The stickers didn’t say “donate to japan” they said pray for japan, no doubt a number of those japanese who lost their lives/homes/familys would have been F1 fans.

Hearts out to N.Z. too, with no offence but in comparison the japanese quake was significantly worse..

With F1’s global audience of millions, its a great way to display humanitarian compassion.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.