F1

F1 sponsors thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Calum
    Participant

Here is a place to put all the latest news for deals and partnerships teams have signed up with companies for 2013 sponsorship.

I’ll start with the confirmation of Vodafone partnering Mclaren in 2013, and the fairly recent news that Infinity will title-sponsor RedBull Racing, and Coca-cola to sponsor Lotus F1 with the Burn Energy brand.

Mclaren and Vodafone:
    https://twitter.com/f1fanatic_co_uk/status/281769233543729152

RedBull Racing & Infiniti :
    http://www.redbullracing.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Article/INFINITI-TO-BECOME-TITLE-PARTNER-OF-RED-BULL-RACING-From-2013-021243288541705

Lotus F1 & Burn:
    http://lotusf1team.com/LOTUS-F1-TEAM-IGNITES-NEW,10822.html

Keep your eyes on Lotus – they have signed deals with Microsoft and Coca-cola – their next move is to ge a title sponsor, rumoured to be Honeywell. It will be exciting to see that deal when/if it is announced, it will help give that team a bit of stability, which is good as it’s an exciting line up.

JP
    Participant

Lets not forget F1 itself is dropping Tag Heuer in favor of Rolex for timing. A bit unfortunate because I quite like the Tag F1 line :)

JPQuesado
    Participant

F1 hadn’t Tag Heuer for official timekeepar, @jp1987, it was Hublot.

the_sigman
    Participant

@jp1987 @joao-pedro-cq
    LG it was, that’s why their logo was displaying next to the drivers and times.

JP
    Participant

@JPedroCQF1 and @the_sigman I always thought it was TAG due to their F1 line. After some research (30 seconds in Wikipedia) I found that Hublot and TAG belong to the same parent company (LVMH) which explains why TAG can sell a F1 branded watch and still Hublot be the official watchmaker. In any case, huge score for Rolex there, no doubt. Also, I wonder if Gutierrez will bring any Monterrey based companies to Sauber the same way Sergio brought Jalisco based sponsors to Sauber (Jose Cuervo)

GeeMac
    Participant

@jp1987 I think TAG get away with having an “F1″n line becuase they have sponsored McLaren for nearly 30 years.

the_sigman
    Participant

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/96996.html

In the last paragraph it says that LG was a technology partner, so I don’t know.

Bob
    Participant

I’ve always thought LG to be the official timekeeper as well.

While we’re on the topic of Mexican sponsorship, any word on where the Telmex money is going with Perez’s move to McLaren? Will the current branding stay, or will Gutierrez bring in another slice of Carlos Slim’s empire?

JP
    Participant

@bobthevulcan I really don’t know. With Vodafone been the title sponsor of McLaren I doubt that Slim will user other brands for sponsorship. Most of his companies that require the international projection associated with F1 are on the telecommunications industry (America Movil and subsidiaries). The rest are either local consumer brands (like Inbursa) or B2B companies (Condumex, etc).

Anonymous
    Inactive

@JP1987
    What if after 2013 when the Vodaphone contract expires with McLaren, Telmex become McLaren’s title sponsor.
    It’ll certainly be a big step up.

@bobthevulcan
    As far as i’m aware both drivers are sponsored by them so the Mexican pair will most likely both show the brand.

JP
    Participant

@Bosley If Vodafone leaves McLaren, I would believe it is almost a certainty that America Movil or any of their brands would be happy to take their place. although of course there are probably other companies that might be interested as well.

And yes, both Sergio and Esteban belong to Escuderia Telmex which is a Telmex owned team that helps develop drivers from their infancy. Also from Escuderia Telmex is the new Mexican promise, Franco Aragones :)

Spark
    Participant

A year ago some speculated that Sony will become the big sponsor because the MP4-26 was launched at the Sony Centre in Berlin. Coca Cola was speculated too….

Bob
    Participant

@mcmrocks – It’s highly doubtful that Sony will get involved. The company is in dire straits (losing market share and hemorrhaging cash), and their credit rating was recently cut to “junk” status, so they’re not in a good position to be pouring any significant sponsorship money into F1. As mentioned previously, Coca Cola is now a Lotus sponsor.

robk23
    Participant

Now that Chilton is Marussia, does this affect the (relatively small) Aon sponsorship of McLaren or will it be like Santander being the main sponsor of Ferrari and then having a few small logos on the McLaren overalls?

Calum
    Participant

Noticed TW Steel logos on the new Force India.
    Just checked their Facebook to see what the new deal was:

“multi-year partnership to become the ‘Official Timing Partner’”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.