F1

F1.com race edits

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Dougy_D
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I thought i would share with you my thoughts on the race edits that appear on the F1.com website. I have only just spent time watching them as I thought they would be pretty crap (compared to BBC) and wow, they blew me away. I was fist pumping all the way through Canada and Singapore. They are pretty awesome, and in full HD.

Hopefully they will be on the end of year season review bluray.

If you have not had a chance to check them out, go for it! It doesnt really explain the race that well but it gives you different angles to what were shown in the global feed + great soundtracks :D

raymondu999
    Participant

Generally they don’t have them in a blurry at the end of the year; but they have always released a DVD of commentated highlights of all the races; as well as the season-review video at the end of the year

Dougy_D
    Participant

With the introduction of HD filming, they better have a bluray season review!

JPQuesado
    Participant

Just a heads up: FOM has uploaded a summary of the 2011 season.

http://www.formula1.com/video/?uid=2012022120R

f1alex
    Participant

Tried to post a topic about this before I saw your post, luckily it failed to send lol. :)

raymondu999
    Participant

Wow I kind of like this one – I like the way they framed it as a small Vettel watching F1 – then moved into his racing history; and ending it off as a dream.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, that was really good! Well, except for the pointless, nearly naked women. Other than that, it was really good!

raymondu999
    Participant

@aka_robyn nearly naked women are never pointless :P

GeorgeDaviesF1
    Participant

What were the exact songs on the 2011 season edit?
    Chase and Status-Flashing Lights
    Nero-Me and You
    DJ Fresh-Louder

They sounded like remixes of those songs

Egon
    Participant

I’m fairly sure the chase and status track and the DJ Fresh track are the orginal ones, not so sure about the Nero track.
    I didn’t like this edit compared to some of their race edits, it didn’t feel as well put together.

Journeyer
    Participant

@Egon Probably because it feels very rushed. I suspect this is just a condensed version of what they showed at the FIA Gala last December, but as the event had no TV broadcaster, we will probably never know for sure.

Had a great concept, though. Clips from the feeder categories was a nice touch, too.

Journeyer
    Participant

The Nero track sounds like this remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFykqOXnZlg

Can anyone confirm that?

damonsmedley
    Participant

The XML just states it’s “Me & You” by Nero.

My favourite part is where the “Louder” song starts getting faster and all of the clips are cut up quickly. But the intro was amazing as well. Extremely well shot and edited.

Journeyer
    Participant

If someone other than me could listen to the YT link I posted vs. what’s on the edit to confirm my guess, that would be great. :)

And for the record, they used the original mixes for Flashing Lights and Louder. In fact, they already used Louder earlier last year for the Singapore race edit.

damonsmedley
    Participant

@Journeyer It sounds very much like it to me, just rearranged a little bit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.