F1

F1's Engine Diversity

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

With Toyota, Honda, and BMW gone, some of the world’s mightiest manufacturers have lost even their engine supply. With the Cosworth engine replacing them, Formula 1’s engine diversity has shrunk. However, HRT are nearing an agreement with Toyota, and Volkswagen/Audi/Porsche are nearing a deal with Williams for 2012 engine supply. And with the addition of the Korean Grand Prix,Hyundai may be looking for a place on the grid, and their current economic status is strong.Are you happy with F1’s current engine diversity, or would you like to see more or less?

TommyB
    Participant

I’d like to see more but I’m one of those people that isn’t too fussy as long as we get great racing. F1 2010 is looking like a great season and I won’t lose sleep thinking there are hardly any variation on engines. But “for sure” it would nice to see people like Audi/Porsche etc. in the sport.

Anonymous
    Inactive

To the extent that I’d like to see more manufacturers involved in F1, I think it would be good.

Many manufacturers should go back to focusing on engines and leave the cars to the teams, a la McLaren-Honda and Williams-Renault.

GeeMac
    Participant

I’m for more manufacturers only if they all bring different approaches. i don’t want a grid full of 2.4 litre V8’s. I want turbos, superchangers, normal aspiration, different configurations V4’s, V6’s, boxers.

Variation is good!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.