falling asleep on a sunday afternoon

This topic contains 22 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of beneboy beneboy 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sbl on tour
    sbl on tour

now be honest here, how many times have you fallen asleep watching a gp in the past few years, I must say that I have been guilty of this from time to time, mind you the advent of the red button has put a stop to that scandelous behavior!

ps found myself nodding off in barcalona last year, but that was probably cos it was a rather long (sblot) trip!!!

Profile photo of Ned Flanders
    Ned Flanders

I’ve never actually fallen asleep during a race. Although metaphorically speaking I’m ofen snoozing after the first round of pit stops…

Profile photo of TrueF1Grit

Only once, and that was because I hadn’t slept for literally 25 hours coming up to the race. But hey, it was only Bahrain this year, which subsequently, I was planning on going to…but only for a few laps.

Profile photo of wasiF1

I once fell asleep when the pre race show started & woke up 45 0 minutes before the start of the race. & once in qualifying I woke up just 8 minutes before the start. Every time I go to sleep on Saturday & Sunday on a F1 weekend I make sure I have two alarms waking me up 10 minutes prior to the race start.

Profile photo of Polishboy808

The first race during my vacation in Poland I woke up less than 5 minutes before the race! I wasn’t used to polish tv times and had went downstairs to eat lunch (yes I sleep from 12:00 at night to 6 in the morning and then from 11 noon to usually 1 pm during my vacation because I can) and looked at the clock, I was horrified! I overslepped by like an hour! Not knowing what channel it was on I fumbled through the channels (luckily only about 20) to finnaly find it, just as the pre race guy said “it’s race time” (in polish of course)

Profile photo of Dan Thorn
    Dan Thorn

Never. I even happily sat through Indy 05 and I still have it on tape somewhere, waiting to be watched again. Though I fear it could be waiting along time…

Profile photo of TimG

I many years of following F1 I can only remember falling asleep three times during a race – Australia 1997 and Belgium 1998.

’97 was the year when Villeneuve qualified on pole by a mile and was expected to stroll home. I fell asleep just before the start, missed the first corner crash and came to wondering what on earth had gone on.

The 1998 race was following a very late night out and meant I missed seeing enormous first lap shut live. Again, woke up to see a Jordan 1-2 and wondered what on earth had happened.

Profile photo of Icthyes

I’ve never fallen asleep during a race, but races have often interrupted sleep!

Profile photo of kapow32

well the european races start at 7 am for me, so I’m usually battling sleep throughout a gp

Profile photo of Rucknar

I do it a few races a year, can’t help it sometimes.

Fallen asleep on the phone/in a club a few times too :)

Profile photo of Dan Thorn
    Dan Thorn

Falling asleep in clubs, done that a fair few times!…I’ve actually been kicked out of one because of it. here’s nothing better to do when you’re the designated driver after all!

Profile photo of Ciaran

I fell asleep during Singapore 2008 after about 10 laps.I was amazed to see Alonso leading then when I woke up with 9 laps to go.I thought there was something fishy at the time.After that I recorded grand prixs so I don’t miss important parts.

Profile photo of Katy

I used to nap all the time during races when I was little because it’s quite a monotonous sound, and sitting in a warm living room after a big Sunday lunch made me nod off quite a lot, especially if Dad had let me have a bit of beer with lunch too hehe.

In recent years though I don’t tend to nod off any more, once or twice during the China 2008 race cos it was boring and super early in the morning, and probably a few other really early races or when I’ve just woken up before the race and a little hungover.

Profile photo of Slr

I did keep falling alseep during last year’s Japanese GP qualifying. Though it was about 5 in the morning, and the red flags made sure that I didn’t miss too much. But other than that, I never come close to falling asleep.

My brother however always ends up falling asleep, though he doesn’t like F1 so that’s understandable.

Profile photo of sbl on tour
    sbl on tour

singapore 08, now I remeber , piquets crash actually woke me up, good auld flav!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.