F1

Favourite Formula 1 Quotations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Which are your favourite F1 related quotes? They can be said by (or said about) drivers, teams or just quotes that sum up what the sport really means.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Senna – ‘And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver ‘

and again – ‘If I ever happen to have an accident that eventually costs me my life, I hope it is in one go. I would not like to be in a wheelchair. I would not like to be in a hospital suffering from whatever injury it was. If I’m going to live, I want to live fully, very intensely, because I am an intense person. It would ruin my life if I had to live partially’

I dont know what it was was, but something about that man made him the perfect racer to me…

Zadak

Ross Brawn: “It’s not cheating, it’s a competitive interpretation of the sporting regulations”

Martin Brundle: “It’s all turned to custard for D’Ambrosio”

Mika Hakkinen: “Yes.”

There’re the ones that stick with me.

“OH! ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS THERE!” – Jonathan Legard.

sbl on tour
    Participant

for sure! (he jests)

enough said, what a load of cobblers

Dan Thorn
    Participant

The ones that stick with me are the ones about Gilles Villeneuve. Here’s a couple of my favourites:

Prost: “Gilles was the last great driver. The rest of us are just a bunch of good professionals.”

Laffite: “I know that no human being can do a miracle.

Nobody commands magical properties, but Gilles

made you wonder.”

And another personal favourite of mine…

“You’re right there Murray.” – Martin Brundle, every 30 seconds on F1 ’97…

Todfod
    Participant

James Hunt definitely has a lot of classic quotes..

After winning the 1976 British GP –

Reporter – “James, how much does this victory mean to you?”

James – “9 points, 20000 dollars and a lot of happiness” and then looks towards one of the reporters and asks “Can I grab that cigarette off you?”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, I forgot to do my own!

Ayrton Senna:

“By being a racing driver you are under risk all the time. By being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, it’s not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th. I race to win as long as I feel it’s possible. Sometimes you get it wrong? Sure, it’s impossible to get it right all the time. But I race designed to win, as long as I feel I’m doing it right.”

Michael Schumacher:

“I’m Michael Schumacher. I don’t need to test my driving ability.”

“I’m not very comfortable with what people sometimes say or think about me, things I don’t feel responsible for. They are very artificial in their point of view. They write stories about me, often to justify themselves, without looking at how I got to win the race.”

Sebastian Vettel:

“Racing cars are made to race, they’re not built for a nice, slow Sunday afternoon drive. You really have to push hard and sometimes beat the shit out of the car.”

“You only live once, so you have to try to have a smile on your face.”

“The chequered flag is really just a stupid wooden stick and a piece of cloth. It’s a small thing, but it means so much when you cross the line at moments like that. It was unbelievable.”

“We are Red Bull, we are in a unique position again this year and we are horny.”

“Well, its just a joke. I’ve asked my mum and Michael really isnt my father.”

Sterling Moss:

“Vettel is to driving what Adrian is to designing cars. He seems to have exceptional ability, and when you put the two together, who else has a chance?”

Christian Horner:

“Sebastian Vettel’s team made a pact that they wouldn’t shave after Singapore, and obviously he won in Japan so superstition comes into play. Personally, I think Sebastian is just trying to prove that he can grow a beard, having only started shaving about three months ago.”

And there’s some pretty good interview moments…

Interviewer: Mark, how hungry are you going into your home grand prix?

Seb: You’ll have lunch before, no?

Mark: Yeah like Seb said, I’ll have lunch before!

Wow… that’s a lot of quotes!

Dan Thorn
    Participant

Haha, that last one in the interview is exactly the sort of horrid jokes I come up with…

Chippie
    Participant

I cannot remember who said this but somebody said; “Driving through Monaco is like sh*ting through the eye of a needle”, that always struck me as hilarious.

Ads21
    Participant

Probably my favourite quote – “Rules are there for the interpretation of wise men and the obedience of fools” Colin Chapman

Some more Villeneuve ones:

“I think Gilles was the perfect racing driver … He had the best talent of all of us.” Niki Lauda

“His death has deprived us of a great champion – one that I loved very much. My past is scarred with grief; parents, brother, son. My life is full of sad memories. I look back and see the faces of my loved ones, and among them I see him.” Enzo Ferrari

“[Gilles] was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing. .. But more important for me is that he was the most genuine person I have ever known.” Jody Scheckter

and one on Alonso

“I cannot find a single weakness in Alonso from any viewpoint. He’s obviously a huge asset to the Renault team but more importantly a huge asset to the sport as a whole. I think he is perfect.” Niki Lauda

Zazeems
    Participant

Kimi:

“I was having a s**t.” Claasic.

Zadak

Those Finns can be so eloquent.

Skett
    Participant

Can’t believe nobodys mentioned this yet

Crofty: “He shouted Leroy Jenkins and off he goes!”

Craig Woollard
    Participant

I would have been a much more popular World Champion if I had always said what people wanted to hear. I might have been dead, but definitely more popular. – Jackie Stewart

The main thing is to be yourself and not allow people to disturb you to be different, because they want you to be different. You gotta be yourself. Many times it’s through a mistake due to your own personality, your own character or interference that you get on the way that you learn, and the main thing is that you learn from your mistakes and get better. – Ayrton Senna

There are often little things between victory and defeat. – Sebastian Vettel

IF is a very long word in Formula One; in fact, IF is F1 spelled backwards. – Murray Walker

Anyone who doesn’t speak English isn’t worth speaking to – Bernie Ecclestone

With Senna,I learned how things should be done…With Mansell I learned how things mustn’t be done – Mika Hakkinen

It is raining and the track is wet. – Murray Walker

It’s Ide! – James Allen on F106 (Ps2)

Don’t talk to me in the middle of a corner – Kimi Raikkonen

I was having a shit. – Kimi Raikkonen

It was a great race. No one got killed. – Juan Manuel Fangio, 1958 Italian Grand Prix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.