F1

Ferrari's revised F150 shakedown

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gsherwinator
    Participant

Find it quite frustrating that Ferrari always get away with testing whilst shooting ‘promotional videos’. Apart from straight line tests, does anyone know which other teams do this as often as Ferrari?

According to ScarbsF1, they’re rocking a revised exhaust, side pod and front wing endplate. It also looks like they’re running a higher rake than usual, but I’m not that familiar with ride heights, etc.

See: http://www.f1revolution.com/foro/index.php/topic,740.msg75806.html#msg75806

Todfod
    Participant

Although using the ‘filming day’ excuse is incredibly despicable of them.. I’m just hoping they have tested some of their Turkey updates already. Hope they close the gap significantly in Turkey… its hight time Fernando gets in the mix.

Calum
    Participant

I thought they changed the rule, openly telling every team that they can all do a film day if they want, but they must use current parts – no testing of unraced components….

Icthyes
    Participant

I’m not sure about the stipulation of unused parts but the rules are open to all. In fact Mercedes were the first to try the trick last year. The data is worth little anyway, it’s just to make sure it doesn’t fall off or blow up, the latter always a worry for Ferrari though usually outside of F1!

I spotted the rake immediately, glad to see I’m not imagining it.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Find it quite frustrating that Ferrari always get away with testing whilst shooting ‘promotional videos’.

I was under the impression that if a team was to do a testing day, then the car was to be identical to the one used in the previous race. I thought the rule was introduced after Ferrari had a “filming day” at Fiorano that just happened to have a major upgrade attached to it last year.

And people wonder why I despose Ferrari.

Ads21
    Participant

Honestly get off your high horses people, if Ferrari have found a way around the ban on testing then all credit to them. Like I said with Red Bull and the flexi-wings if they find a way round the rules then well done, they’re clearly reading them a lot more carefully than anyone else. I don’t understand why every gets so indignant when a team may have bent the rules a little bit, they all do it!!

As Colin Chapman would say “Rules are there for the interpretation of wise men and the obedience of fools”

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

if Ferrari have found a way around the ban on testing then all credit to them

Why should they get credit? The rules were specifically written to prevent in-season testing of any kind, because it gets expensive and turns the season into an off-track development race. Any team that violates the testing ban gets a massive – and incredibly unfair – advantage.

I don’t understand why every gets so indignant when a team may have bent the rules a little bit, they all do it!!

There’s bending the rules and then there’s brazenly ignoring them. This is one of the latter. You don’t see teams that qualified in the top ten starting on different tyres to the ones they qualified on, do you? Because that would offer a similar advantage to ignoring the test ban.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ferrari’s revised F150

*150° Italia

Felipe is using his pre-season helmet!

This is in the round-up and being discussed here:

Massa does filming day in 150º Italia

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.