F1

FOM now posting “race facts” on the world feed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve noticed that FOM are now posting “Race Facts” in overlays on the World Feed during all the F1 sessions so far. Some of them I didn’t know before, and it’s nice to have bits of trivia for the commentators to latch on to and talk about. It’ll be interesting if they start posting more up-to-date facts in the same fashion, during the race, such as: “Sergio Perez’s retirement on lap 31 was due to a brake failure” etc. This is the first i’ve seen of them, but apparently FOM have run them before.

They started it fairly recently, Britain or Germany I think. I don’t think it’s necessary to be honest, that sort of information is best left to the commentators. I think the space on the screen is better used to give things like timing information. What is particularly annoying is it obliges the commentator to work the fact into what they’re already talking about, which can disrupt the flow of the commentary.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well the only times I’ve seen it are at the beginning of the session when there was no timing to display :P They don’t have to work the fact in if they don’t want to. I guess it would depend on the different commentary styles though, depending on the commentator in person.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.