F1

Formula 1 Conspiracy theory

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mick O’Regan
    Participant

I’ve just heard a conspiracy theory, it goes like this. After Melbourne F1 was in trouble, Mercedes were perceived as boringly runaway winners, their own country couldn’t be bothered to host a Grand Prix to celebrate, Red Bull were so disheartened at the perceived performance difference they were threatening to pull out, and mighty Ferrari were also off the pace , so someone had an idea. The punters could only be led to believe the end result was in doubt if Mercedes lost at least once, and they were persuaded they could afford to do that – but only if it were a German victory. Their most believable rivals were Ferrari, whose N° 1 driver was Vettel, and the team with the largest fan base in the world, which would make such a result very popular, with icing on the cake if Nico Rosberg could manage to snatch second. Fortuitously Ferrari had a legendary German in their entourage, Nikki Lauder, who could act as a go between, and so the result of the Malaysian Gran Prix was arranged, but how many of the drivers were in on it , if any, is unclear. Lewis certainly wasn’t, his pre race build up had been compromised by problems, and his race wasn’t much better, he can even be heard telling them they’d put the wrong tyre on, but he still managed to spoil the perfect party. Ironically he’s just won comfortably in China, with Rosberg not far behind, who claims Lewis had been driving slowly, and holding him up! Silly story,isn’t it?

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Have you copied that story from somewhere or written it out? Because if it’s copied it’s clearly cods-wallop, as Niki Lauda (not Nikki Lauder) is Austrian.

Oh, and the rest of it is ridiculously far-fetched and pathetic, and if it were true, all participating parties are guilty of race-fixing and should be charged accordingly.

Mackeine Loveine
    Participant

Haha nice! Without offense but it is quite stupid to believe that, in fact I would believe it if Germany would have made any action after the Malaysian win.
    I like conspiracy theories, but I believe more that the F1 crysis is being planned than believing that. No offense.

Nick
    Participant

They don’t call him Niki ‘Illuminati’ Lauda for nothing.

JackySteeg
    Participant

You know, the Malaysian Grand Prix didn’t really happen. It was staged by the US government and filmed in the same studio as the moon landing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.