F1

Formula 1 Tickets Oversold

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Andy Michlas
    Participant

I apologize if this is posted in another topic, as I attempted to do a search but was unable to find anything. I recently purchased tickets in the main Grandstand for the Chinese Grand Prix through the official Formula1.com website. The order was confirmed (have received the e-voucher and invoice) and my credit card was charged for the full amount. However, today I have received a call from F1’s official office in Monaco telling me that their promoter has oversold the tickets and they are unable to fulfill their end of the agreement. They offered to simply cancel my order and have me buy a cheaper ticket in a different section.

I presume that this practice of overselling tickets has happened many times before, so you would just like to know what are my rights and what I can do about it, so that it doesn’t feel like I’m being fully penalized even though it is the organization that does not want to fulfill their end of the agreement.

Has anyone here had that happen to them and what can be done, please?

Alianora La Canta
    Participant

I think you would need somebody who knew Chinese commercial law, as I believe that would be the jurisdiction of the agreement. In the UK it’s legal to oversell planes provided a full refund (ticket plus provable expenses or mutually agreed alternative travel arrangement) is offered to someone denied a flight as a result. I do not know if anything similar applies to Chinese racing tracks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.