Q: You must choose a city for a new Formula One street circuit – which city, anywhere in the world, do you choose, and why?
- Colchester. Loads of roundabouts, would be great fun!
Q: If you could choose one former world champion as your team mate, who would you choose and why?
- Schumacher, I would learn so much from him, about how to build a team from ruins, and he’s the ultimate benchmark for any F1 driver of today.
Q: Formula One innovations of the past – ground effect, active suspension, turbocharging, six wheels, the list goes on. If you could bring back one past innovation, what would it be and why?
- Midwings, they looked pretty cool…
Q: What innovations would you like to see in the future?
- Doors. Why not?
Q: You can only drive at one circuit for the rest of your life – which circuit, past or present from anywhere in the world, do you choose?
- Probably the Nurburgring, because it would take an eternity to get a perfect lap…
Q: Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Tyrrell, March are just some of the teams that have departed the sport. Which former team would you most liked to have raced with and why?
- Jordan, not a massive fan of EJ, even though he does speak sense every now and then, but I liked the yellow.
Q: You have to design a new F1 circuit, combining all your favourite corners from other tracks around the world. Which three corners are top of your list and why?
- Estoril – Magny Cours, fantastic long right hander, Turn 8 – Istanbul, would follow it immediately, fantastic corner, and probably St. Devote – Monaco, REALLY difficult corner to get absolutely spot on
Q: You can travel back in time and compete in any decade of Formula One racing, from the 1950s to the 1990s. Which decade would you choose and why?
- Late ’90s, to race alongside my hero, Mika Hakkinen!
Q: If you could pick two Formula One greats of the past (from different eras) to watch race against each other, who would you pick?
- Jim Clark and Ayrton Senna. Two so diverse driving styles, but they both had 1 thing in common, they were ridiculously quick!
Q: If you were a team boss, which current driver would you pick first for your team (excluding yourself and your current team mate)?
- Alonso. Without doubt, hate him, but one of the few team builders
Q: Just 19 of the world’s motor racing circuits feature on the current F1 calendar. You can add one more. Which circuit do you pick and why?
- I want Magny-Cours back! I was immense around there on F1CE
Q: You are having a dinner party and can invite four people from the world of motorsport, past or present. Who do you invite?
- Jim Clark, Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso, the 4 most complete drivers from 4 different eras
Q: You are given the chance to drive any legendary Formula One car of the past (excluding those made by your own team). Which car would you choose?
- Has to be the MP4/13.
Q: Rooftop swimming pool, bowling alley, revolving sushi bar – just some of the features most F1 motorhomes don’t possess. If you could add one thing to your team’s motorhome, what would it be?
- My proper house hasn’t got a BBQ, one of those…
Q: Imagine you have just won the world title. Where would you go for your celebratory meal and what would choose from the menu?
- Down to my local chippy, medium cod, small chips, £5.90, BAM!