F1

FW14B Revisited – Peter Windsor & Valtteri Bottas video

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Metallion
    Participant

There’s hardly any driving in these 2 videos about the FW14B but I thought the discussion could be interesting for some of the F1 Fanatics:)
    Apologies if it’s been posted already, I tried to search for it here but I didn’t find any other forum post for it.

Part1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9xKdyyIdac

Part2

Bullfrog
    Participant

The “briefing” video’s great – now I know how to drive an FW14B, all I need is someone to give me the chance… For Bottas, it’s one of the advantages of driving for Williams – he gets to try some of the greatest cars of the last 30 years. Lewis Hamilton won’t be doing that any more.

Is there any footage of the event at Paul Ricard? I saw the first Renault 3.5 race which was wet, so I hope Valtteri got a run when it was dry. Did Alain Prost drive the Williams as well, or just the Red Bull?

Metallion
    Participant

Yeah that’s definitely an advantage of driving for a team with a great history. Even if his career suddenly ends and he never gets to do an F1 race he can still tell his kids in the future that he drove the championship winning Williams car that Nigel Mansell drove. Not quite as exciting if you’re the test driver for HRT and you just tested it during a couple of Friday practice sessions:)
    Mercedes doesn’t have much F1 history but I’m sure Hamilton will at least get to drive the W196.

From what I heard Prost just drove the Red Bull for a demonstration. There was an article at Autosport about it

matt90
    Participant

“For Bottas, it’s one of the advantages of driving for Williams – he gets to try some of the greatest cars of the last 30 years. Lewis Hamilton won’t be doing that any more.”

But he does get to drive some of the greatest cars from the last 100 years, and is not limited to F1 cars. All the old pre-war silver arrows, 300 SLR, W196, Sauber C9 and C11, Brawn GP01 (disappointingly repainted of course).

necrodethmortem
    Participant

Looks like Jessica Biel compared to the Vicky Pollards of recent years.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.