5) In 2008, during the Brazilian GP, I felt disapointed and slightly upset when Lewis lost position near the end, I sort of gave up hope, but when he got that pass on Glock it was euphoric, I was over the moon – cheering ect – then it showed Massa’s dad cheering too, but he was wrong, the pictures showing his realisation made me feet guilty.
4) Massa 2010, a year on from his crash and he’s leading a GP……
3) Hamilton 2007, the way he lost the title, twice essentially through no real fault of his own. A perfect season but for a team order keeping him out on track on China to get a win when points were good enough. And the cruel technical glitch in Brazil, seeing him fight to put it in gear was painful.
2) Mansell 1986 Adeleide – I saw it again on TV this evening, after being the best driver all season in the Williams, his tyre explodes while leading and heading to take the title on the final race of the season, it’s so unfortunate he did not win the title in this year when he deserved it most, it’s not my #1 because it comes good in the end, with a second spell at Williams in 1992 – Hollywood stuff.
1) Barichello 2009 Brazil, I actually got weepy for some reason seeing him pitting with a puncture, and not because it essentially sealed the title for Button, but because I sympathised with all the crap he’d taken in his career, all the bad luck and when he had a chance of doing good in front of his home fans, he get’s no luck once again.