F1

Going to 2017 Pre-Season Testing at Barcelona

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of F1antics F1antics 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of F1antics
    F1antics
    Participant

Hi Keith

I’m not sure if there’s already a thread for this but I’m getting a lot of crashes today when scrolling through the forums so thought I’d set one up just in case there isn’t one. Feel free to move or merge this if required.

Hi Forum,

I’ve been to Circuit de Catalunya for pre-season testing for the previous 2 years, always booking a hospitality package via JDC Promotions which gives access to a box over the pitlane, and a really good view of the cars when they pull in to the garages below.

This year we’re doing the same but staying downtown instead of near the circuit. Now we’re more familiar with Barcelona’s public transport system we plan to get the train to Montmelo and then a taxi to the circuit. Getting a taxi from the station should be simple, but does anyone know how to get a taxi back to the station at the end of the day? I’m sure there’ll be some waiting at the circuit, or we can phone for one, but I’m wondering where the pick-up place is and what time it closes on test days.

If no-one knows, no worries, I’ll contact the circuit and hope there isn’t a language barrier.

Profile photo of Evil Homer
    Evil Homer
    Participant

@f1antics

Yes mate we went last year on Tues & Wed, a taxi out is certainly easier than on race day, where you will need a switch-blade knife!

As you leave the paddock/pits and head downstairs when you get to the road at the T-junction, head left up hill. (If you head right and are walking downhill under an overpass, head back). Go past the F1 statue (Silver F1 car, Fangio maybe) and its about 100-150m up on the left hand side, its 5min from paddock entry, easy as.

Also if you are above the pits head down into the Paddock, there is very little security and you will see a driver or two. There will be a few empty garages from where FIA have taken their equipment and you can walk through to the pit lane and see the cars come in and get some great shots. Its all apart of it, as long as you don’t do something stupid and jump out in front of a car they are happy to let you get pretty close- have fun!

Profile photo of F1antics
    F1antics
    Participant

Thanks EH, that’s very helpful.

We’ve been able to wander through the paddock on both visits, and it’s been fascinating to see the technical goings-on as well as spotting lots of familiar faces. I’m looking forward to my first F1 fix for 2017.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.