F1

Hamilton does not want to mention Piquet's name

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Girts
    Participant

During Thurday`s press conference before Japanese GP, there was a lot of talk about Korea and Hamilton was asked, whether he had ever raced in Korea. He answered yes, talked about an F3 race and added “I remember being taken out by a certain driver”. I was curious and found out that the “certain driver” was Nelson Piquet Jr who had contact with Hamilton during the first laps, after which Hamilton retired. This happened in F3 Korea Super Prix, which took place on November 23, 2003.

I just wonder why Hamilton did not call Piquet Jr by name. Is Nelson now the Lord Voldemort of F1, whose name people don’t even dare to mention? Or did Hamilton simply not want to go into details because the race happened so long ago? If the former version is true, then I think it just once more confirms that Piquet Jr has no chance to ever come back to F1. I personally don’t want to see him ever back as well.

Nah I think he was just being light-hearted, though the way he said it suggested to me it was actually someone else in the room!

However I think the identity of ‘the Lord Voldemort of F1’ deserves further discussion…

Icthyes
    Participant

I’d rather see Piquet back than Flavio Briatore. One is a stupid kid, the other is a word I can’t use here who doesn’t even have the worst of excuses (and I’m not excusing Piquet) for what he did.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Agreed Icthyes. It’s worrying me the way Briatore seems to be worming his way back into F1. I have a bad feeling he’ll have an official post before long

Fer no.65
    Participant

why? Flavio at least had a successful campaign in F1, with Benetton and Renault. He was the manager of Alonso, Webber, Trulli…

Piquet agreeded to crash on purpose, risking his life, marshalls lifes, etc and manipulating a sporting event.

I don’t really see why Flavio’s role is worse than Piquet’s.

I’d keep them both outside F1 anyway. But specially Piquet Jr.

sw6569
    Participant

I think its because he wanted to avoid the questions that the press would then ask.

Or alternatively he simply couldn’t remember the name!

Hamilton isn’t renowned for being that deep

Hare
    Participant

Dunno about Hamilton but I don’t like mentioning JR’s name… or the rotund QPR chap. I’d rather bite my own toes.. ALOT!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

However I think the identity of ‘the Lord Voldemort of F1’ deserves further discussion…

Over at F1 Rejects, it’s Zsolt Baumgartner – better known as HWNSNBM, He Whose Name Shall Never Be Mentioned.

wasiF1
    Participant

I don’t want both Piquet & Flavio Briatore back in F1.

plushpile
    Participant

Over at F1 Rejects, it’s Zsolt Baumgartner – better known as HWNSNBM, He Whose Name Shall Never Be Mentioned.

And why should his name never be mentioned?

Todfod
    Participant

Piquet as Lord Voldemort? I always thought of him as Gollem from LOTR.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

And why should his name never be mentioned?

I’m not entirely sure. It’s a running gag that dates back until 2004 and I never really started following the site before the beginning of last year. I think it has something to do with being so awesomely bad that it was disappointing when he scored points because if you achieve a certain amount, then you ‘unRejectify’ yourself (for example, Viatly Petrov just needs one for fifth place to unRejectify himself; Nico Hulkenberg needs a sixth). That is, you’re no longer eligible for a profile on the site. The guys who run it wanted to do one up really badly (they’ve actually done a lot of interviews with Baumgartner; moreso than anoyone else profiled on the site), and were always afraid he was going to disqualify himself. Apparently Baumgartner quite likes his cult status.

dsob
    Participant

@ Todfod … Agreed, Piquet as Gollum-like is more fitting.

@ Keith … “However I think the identity of ‘the Lord Voldemort of F1’ deserves further discussion… ” I’m thinking the Count of Monte Zemelo is reaching that status. Sometimes I think Ferrari F1 would be far better off if the top man was Domenicalli.

Hare
    Participant
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.