F1

Hamilton future ‘to be known by Singapore

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    realracer
    S.J.M
    Participant

Just as long as it ends, stopped caring long ago.

RagingInferno
    Participant

I’d quite like to see Hamilton go to Merc to be honest, if only just so we get some different drivers in the top teams.

Estesark
    Participant

Like @raginginferno, I’d like to see a bit of movement at the top teams. Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari and Mercedes have had the same line-ups for too long now. With that said, I had hoped Hamilton would stay at McLaren and that the movement would be initiated somewhere else.

TheJudge
    Participant

I would love to see Hamilton at Merc,but since I’m a schu fan,I want him to stay too,and he’s driving realy good this season,like a true fighter,and we all would love to see the fight between the old great and the new great. + I think,Merc realy want Schumacher,and if he decides to stay,NicoI’m afraid will have to make way.

RagingInferno
    Participant

It could be an interesting situation if Hamilton signs and Schumi decides not to retire, it would be harsh to make Rosberg give up his seat to make room just so Schumi can have another year of racing.

Force Maikel
    Participant

This is perhaps what he meant when he said: “Thanks for the opportunities guys” on the team radio last Sunday.

dot_com
    Participant

I think Rosberg would be quite happy to go to McLaren, if it were to work out that way. He was quite heavily tipped for that seat towards the end of his Williams stint. McLaren certainly have the stronger car at the moment, too – who knows if it will be next year. Merc seem to go into every season saying “This is the big one…” and then revealing themselves to be fourth fastest overall.

Personally, I’d love to see Lewis move somewhere else, just to shake things up at the top a bit.

Antonio Nartea
    Participant

and then revealing themselves to be fourth fastest overall.

Well, this year will be 5th overall, I have a feeling. Let’s see how that’s gonna land with the CEO board. :)

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I don’t think Mercedes would have made Hamilton a serious offer if they were not confident they could give him a fast car. And I don’t think Hamilton would consider the offer if he didn’t have the same confidence.

matt90
    Participant

Unless Mercedes have a magic device they’re holding back, I don’t see why them or Hamilton would have any confidence in next years car being fast.

Kingshark
    Participant

I think,Merc realy want Schumacher,and if he decides to stay,NicoI’m afraid will have to make way.

That would make no sense, considering Schumacher is 43 and Rosberg, who’s 17 years younger is a much safer bet. Also, Rosberg has a long-term contract with Mercedes if I’m not mistaken, and he’s beaten Schumi for 3 straight seasons.

Although if it were to happen, it would be quite amusing/funny if Hamilton and Rosberg switched places at Mercedes and Mclaren respectively, and Nico went on to win the championship with a dominant car while Lewis was struggling around eight place in the fourth/fifth best car who’s a tyre eater.

TheJudge
    Participant

@Kingshark Yes,but at the same time,they have 3 fast and even younger guys to replace schumacher after the end of his carrer. And I doubt that Mclaren would take a german in their team.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I can’t help but wonder if an announcement was planned sooner, but was put off out of respect for Sid Watkins.

matt90
    Participant

“And I doubt that Mclaren would take a german in their team.”

@thejudge Why on earth not?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.