F1

Hamilton in hot soup over him spraying champage into the face of a hostess

• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Punk.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    himmatsj
    Participant

So yeah, over the past day or so, numerous articles have popped up on the Internet attacking Hamilton for spraying champagne into the face of a “visibly discomforted” hostess on the podium ceremony of the Chinese GP.

None of the articles quote the hostess in question, and they’re all jumping to conclusion over some unflattering photos taken within that split second where her body’s natural defence mechanism kicks into place to avoid something being directed to your face.

Anyways, what’s your take on this? I feel like this happens after most races. Also, the fact that Hamilton got the girls into the celebration feels like less sexist to me…it feels weird when drivers simply ignore them…that’s when it feels sexist, as if the females are invisible “objects”.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/04/14/f1s-hamilton-under-fire-spraying-hostess-face-champagne

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3037263/Stick-cork-Lewis-Formula-One-ace-Lewis-Hamilton-sprays-hostess-girl-face-champagne-winning-Chinese-Grand-Prix.html

Video showing Hamilton doing the same to the males on the podium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDplbjV1hMw

George
    Participant

Well I don’t think it’s sexist, I don’t think it’s that nice either considering she probably has no idea what’s going on. I prefer it when they all scarper before the champagne starts spraying around, which by the way is not something that should be mandatory, I’ve never really understood that tradition (even less the milk at Indy, yuck!).

Ivan Vinitskyy
    Participant

It’s pathetic to even write an article about this. Have these people really got nothing better to do than look where the champagne is going? They are winners and celebrate how they see fit. Don’t stand on the podium if you don’t want to be involved in celebrations.

Joey-Poey
    Participant

To be honest pouring the milk over yourself was NOT a tradition until Wheldon did it. And everyone after him has said “wow, that was dumb, why did I do that?” X) The tradition was to drink the milk. I’m hoping guys will start to realize it’s a baaaaad idea to pour milk on yourself during a hot Indiana summer, haha.

Oh, and more to topic, this happens all the time. It’s pretty darn common for the podium girls to get sprayed with the champagne. I get the feeling this is someone not familiar with F1 or racing stretching for something to make a headline. I’d ignore it.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

How ridiculously pathetic.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Wasn’t it made into a funny gif when Webber did it? Primarily because it was a comeback to the deployment of the clapping line of women on the route to the podium, along with a few to clap the podium.

Funkyf1
    Participant

It’s a shame such little things gather so much momentum, such is life in the modern world of social and digital media. Of course there are more eyes on this than usual due to the recent topic of grid girls. I am by no means endorsing what Hamilton did as correct nor am I saying it’s wrong, it’s something that happens in the moment. It’s something the lady/girl/employee on the podium was not prepared for but was surely aware that it could be a possibility. It’s something that has happened before in celebratory circles and it will happen again. It’s not sexism by any means either, all gender and all races have been exposed to this and should be allowed to embrace the moment rather than be attacked by negative on lookers.

celeste
    Participant

As a woman I would be mad if someone were to spray champagne on me… but because it takes awfully long to do my makeup, hair and the smell won’t come out from the cloth…. 😘😛😛😛

Now seriously I don’t think is something to made so such fuss, but then again maybe I do not represent the opinion of most women. But what surprised me is why is thid an issue now I remember Seb, Alonso, Webber doing the same thing…

PorscheF1
    Participant

The more funny it becomes when the author was laughing about Madonna kissing that dude on stage. That was not sexist in any way…

PorscheF1
    Participant

As a woman I would be mad if someone were to spray champagne on me…

As a person I would be mad if someone were to spray champagne on me for a random reason. If I was there with the guys on the podium I’d be happy about it.

Is there a homosexual blog that posts these articles after every race how it is sexist that they spray on each other?

Just utter nonsense and a waste of internet space.

Anonymous
    Inactive

In past years we’ve seen chief executives, royalty and government ministers get sprayed with champagne … and THIS is suddenly a story?! Anyone on the podium knows what happens up there, they should not be surprised if they get a bit wet.

I would love to be on the podium, and would consider it an honour to be close enough to a race winner to get doused by the champagne!

Nathan
    Participant

Bloody femi-fascism!

AMR
    Participant

It’s a niche story fueled by those who bring an unfortunate low to the many positives of proper feminism. Like most of the stuff these few try to blow up, it will be ranted over for roughly a week, run out of steam, and get skipped over as they jump ship to the next terrible news article they can try to fortify.

It’s best just left to die like it’s going to. Lewis isn’t going to get into trouble over something that has existed for years, and post-millenial news moves too fast for it to stay relevant for more than a fortnight. The ones pushing it for it’s extremes are poorly regarded as it is.

Girts
    Participant

It is a nonissue but it once again makes you ask whether those girls should be there at all. The girl has said that her employee told her to go up there so she did without thinking about it a lot.

It is not a problem that beautiful girls are standing beside drivers on the grid or on the podium but “I have no clue about F1 and I am standing here because I get paid for it” is often just written all over their faces. So I think the concept should be changed. Yesterday I had a discussion with a friend about this topic and he said that grid girls should be replaced by fans like the kids in football. I think it is an idea that should be considered.

PorscheF1
    Participant

It is a nonissue but it once again makes you ask whether those girls should be there at all. The girl has said that her employee told her to go up there so she did without thinking about it a lot.

It is not a problem that beautiful girls are standing beside drivers on the grid or on the podium but “I have no clue about F1 and I am standing here because I get paid for it” is often just written all over their faces

It is indeed better to work in a factory next to children for a tenth of the lowest wage in terrible conditions that basically just slowly kill you.

girls should be replaced by fans like the kids in football. I think it is an idea that should be considered.

“Lewis Hamilton sprays a kiddo” – Brilliant newspaper stuff.

Maybe we should put a polar bear or seal next to them. Preferably gay ones.

But honestly I think kids is the solution. A wonderful opportunity for them to hold their heroes hand and be on the grid where they might otherwise not even ever go to a GP.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.