F1

Hamilton – was it "give me championship or I'm gone?"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    William
    Participant

Hamilton – was it “get me the championship or I’m gone?”
    There are many people in Mercedes Group in Germany who believe that Hamilton demanded that he get premium support to be champion or he was gone…..and part of Nico’s new contract package was to support that case.
    Nico had to come second this year….next year it’s flip a coin.
    Nico’s sets a car up better than Hamilton (some say he has to copy some of the set up) and before the radio instructions clampdown his engineer was giving him details of where Nico was faster and what in-race car changes he was making.
    Hamilton is a balls out racer if Nico can learn to do that, his turn may be in 2015

Anonymous
    Inactive

Half-baked rumour and supposition, the sort of thing that appears on Planet F1 or in Autosport – and not here.

BrawnGP
    Participant

whats with all the conspiracy posts @spyder999 ???

Craig Woollard
    Participant

People can believe what they choose to. It doesn’t mean that they are right.

There were absolutely no team orders at Mercedes except for the obvious instances. There is no way that Hamilton would have signed the Mercedes contract in the first place if he wanted to be a clear number one like how certain drivers like to be.

Anonymous
    Inactive

He was brought in to be the marketing star, he was most likely therefore expected to be the number one. So much is obvious to anyone who’s done a semester of marketing. However, Mercedes GP probably wanted this to happen “naturally”, sort of like Alonso basically made himself number one at Ferrari, so they didn’t do anything about Rosberg because, hey, a champion is a champion, until Spa where public opinion basically made them back Hamilton’s championship challenge from that point on. So yeah, Mercedes favoured Hamilton, but Hamilton made them do it by playing the PR game after a racing accident masterfully, so, as much as I dislike Hamilton, I will say that indeed “it was fair”.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.