F1

Hamilton’s new helmet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    sozavele
    Participant

What are your thoughts of Lewis Hamilton’s new helmet?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/78716537@N07/8437361093/in/photostream
    I personally prefer it, I think it’s good, it’s more colourful and much more interesting to look at, I think the new colours look vibrant and endearing, it was a good time for a change in my opinion.

RagingInferno
    Participant

Wow, that looks great! It’s nice to see that it’s not a completely new design, but rather a revision. The sponsorship also seems to be quite well placed in my opinion.

Lemon
    Participant

He needed a good freshen up of his helmet design and this does a very good job of that….something a bit different but still some clear continuity with his old design.. I also think it beds in nicely with the monster logo and probably the entire Mercedes design ethos… I foresee one problem though; how will we tell him apart from Nico in the tee cam view?

electrolite
    Participant

@Lemon If nico goes back to his old design, then there will be more blue, so he might go down that route.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa124/f1fanatics/NicoTop.jpg

Or they’ll just make it more grey to go with the Mercedes theme…

Gabriel Fernando
    Participant

The Mclaren one is better, remembers Senna’s helmet(his idol), this helmet is more “technologic”

tmekt
    Participant

I hated the previous design, this one is somehow better

Funkyf1
    Participant

I do like it but, Nico better not be made to change or i’ll have to get the Hamilton voodoo doll out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn’t like the last and this isn’t much better. Just seems like a bunch of layers rather than just one design.

GeeMac
    Participant

I quite like it actually, it’ll take a bit of getting used to though. I’ve read that Lewis thought his old design was a bit “old hat”, so it’s nice to see he’s freshened it up without totally overhauling it.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

What are your thoughts of Lewis Hamilton’s new helmet?

I don’t like it. It seems far too busy, and none of the block of colour are really doing anything, so it’s just messy.

Anonymous
    Inactive

+1 on what prisoner monkeys has said… I don´t like it… Old one was better!

Journeyer
    Participant

I liked the old one better, but I somehow feel this new one is closer to Lewis’ personality and taste now compared to the old one. I think I’d like the new one a LOT better if the light green isn’t there.

I’d also LOVE Nico to switch back to yellow and blue. Would make it easier to differentiate their helmets too.

GeeMac
    Participant

I’ve seen a second image of it side on (which I can’t find at the moment for some reason) and I’m starting to think it could do without the two highest red stripes.

AdrianMorse
    Participant

I’m afraid I have to agree with Prisoner Monkeys; also, that Monster advertising would look hideous on any helmet design.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It could work if he went for just a black and yellow design.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.