• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 1 day, 20 hours ago

F1 discussion

History repeating itself at Toro Rosso?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tom_ec1 Tom_ec1 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KateM
    KateM

I don’t believe that Ant would spread something like this if he didn’t think the rumours were credible, so I have to believe that it likely is true. I wonder who the pressure is coming from – Tost or Marko?

Mateschitz really needs to do a review into how his teams are being run. Both seem to be a bit of a mess.

Profile photo of Ned Flanders
    Ned Flanders
    Participant

Yeah the environment at Toro Rosso doesn’t seem like the ideal one to be racing under, with the axe constantly hovering above the drivers heads. Franz Tost seems to be the Peter Warr of this generation

Profile photo of nik
    nik

Considering the amount of money RB spend on driver development they sure do blow a lot of it

Time to get rid of all the management at STR and RB young driver program and bring in people who actually understand how to develop a career

these drivers are 20-22 for pete’s sake, and there is no opening until 2012 at the earlier – give them some damn space

Profile photo of glue
    glue
    Participant

Alguersuari has been far more consistent and composed this season, I still can’t see why people rate Buemi higher

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Well, I’d also like to see Jean Eric Vergne at STR with Ricciardo, so hopefully Alguersuari will ‘wow’ me and convince me he deserves a Red Bull drive alongsude Vettel.

Ricciardo doesn’t have what it takes for Formula 1. I don’t think he even has what it takes for GP2. Red Bull are apparently very unhappy with him; he supposedly lacks the ability to set the car up.

Profile photo of VettelS
    VettelS

Considering the amount of money RB spend on driver development they sure do blow a lot of it

Time to get rid of all the management at STR and RB young driver program and bring in people who actually understand how to develop a career

these drivers are 20-22 for pete’s sake, and there is no opening until 2012 at the earlier – give them some damn space.

I disagree. There’s nothing wrong with a young driver- look at Hamilton and Vettel. Vettel came through the programme, and it’s not like McLaren or Ferrari’s have yielded any better results.

Profile photo of Icthyes
    Icthyes
    Participant

Patently, McLaren have done better as theirs became world champion! Might equalise next week though…

Profile photo of Fer no.65
    Fer no.65
    Participant

I don’t buy the rumours behind Buemi getting a seat at Red Bull. Neither him nor Jaime deserves such thing.

Buemi’s been in F1 for 2 years now, yet he’s still making bold moves. He’s evenly matched with Jaime really. And neither of them have beaten the other enough times to really impress me.

And it’s not like Hulkenberg or Petrov: they don’t have to beat a fast GP winner, full of experience.

Same story with Sutil for me. They should all stay were they are, and hope they are not replaced by a more promising driver. But then, Liuzzi will drive for FI next year, so they look pretty safe…

Profile photo of gpcampbell
    gpcampbell
    Participant

The problem is now STR is a seperate team from Red Bull (due to the rules), I wouldn’t be surprised if they sell it.

However HRT is going to have a williams back end and lotus/air asia is going to have a renault back end. STR can’t even do this anymore due to having a Ferrari engine deal.

They need to get a more experienced hand in their to support their younger driver for development purposes. Or at least someone for friday driving.

Profile photo of Tom_ec1
    Tom_ec1
    Participant

Ricciardo is the best driver outside of F1 right now. STR should promote him for 2011.

If they don’t do it initially, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it happens later in the season. Nor would Vergne replacing Alguersuari.

It has to be said that neither BUE or ALG look like future race winners.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.