F1

How best to view broadcast at Silverstone

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Guys,

Longtime F1 Fanatic, first-time poster on this site…

I’m after a bit of advice. My girlfriend has bought us seats to the 2011 Silverstone GP (awesome!). I’d have liked to be able to watch (or at least refer to) the BBC broadcast while there.

I have access to borrowing an ipad for the weekend – but I couldn’t get this to reliably stream the TV from my house (with great wireless broadband) so I suspect the Silverstone stands will be an impossibility?

I can purchase a portable Digital TV for about £50, but this will require a decent Digital TV signal (Silverstone is a bit out in the sticks for this?).

The other option seems to be a Fanvision unit (formerly Kangaroo). These sound pretty good, but seem extremely expensive at £60 for a weekend loan.

Are there any other options open to me? Does anyone have any experience with this or thoughts on the above?

Many thanks,

Andy

sw6569
    Participant

I used the kangaroo system last year and it was great. Yes its expensive – but worth it, especially if you are there for the whole weekend.

Alternatively you could use tvcatchup.com (its likely a lower bandwidth stream than the BBC one that i assume you were using) to stream.

There are announcers there, but it can be difficult to follow. If you decide you don’t need commentary, there is always F1.com’s live timing too

Hi onceuponatyne.

You can find the race and circuit discussion pages here:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.