• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 8 minutes ago

F1 discussion

How to watch F1 in your region

This topic contains 102 replies, has 77 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ludwig Ludwig 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Little_M_Lo
    Little_M_Lo
    Participant

1. Australia
    2. Channel 10 Network (1 for Quali, 10 for Race)
    3. All Races
    4. Yes
    5. Australian GP only
    6. Free-to-Air TV
    7. No
    8. Gotta get your timezones right for Monday morning races (all American races, Abu Dhabi and Bahrain)

Profile photo of GeeMac
    GeeMac
    Participant

1. What country are you in (and state, if applicable)
    United Arab Emirates

2. Which channels broadcast F1 near you?
    Abu Dhabi Sports 2

3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number (if so, how many?)
    All

4. Do they also show qualifying live?
    Yes

5. Do they also show practice sessions live?
    Yes

6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)?

While Abu Dhabi Sports offers some subscription channels, Abu Dhabi Sports 2 is “free” as part of a subscription with any of the major providers OSN (UAE wide), Etisalat (Abu Dhabi only) and Du (Dubai only). A basic package with Du is around AED500 (GBP82/USD136) per month I believe, though this is a bundle including TV, internet and a landline.

7. Do they broadcast coverage online? If so please post link/s

No.

8. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options

None. The major drawback is that the commentary is Arabic only, which is fine if you speak it but given the majority of people who don’t in the UAE, it is quite poor. If anyone in the UAE knows any different please let me know, but I scour all the channels I have (including Bein Sports) every weekend in the hope that I can get decent commentary but and none of the other channels show F1.

Profile photo of Fab F1
    Fab F1
    Participant

India

Star Sports 4

All

Yes

Yes

6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)?

Normally all Star sports channels (1,2,3,4,5) bundled with most of the cable operators, so no extra charges. However this has to be subscribed exclusively on any of the DTH services.

YES, http://www.starsports.com/ (Only for India). Again need to subscribe for a season (current season till 24_NOV-14 ) for INR 500 (GBP 5.01). Includes all the sessions.

8. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options

No alternative.

Profile photo of ArtAnonim
    ArtAnonim
    Participant

1. What country are you in?
    Poland
    Polsat Sport/Polsat Sport Extra
    3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number?
    All races.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Can’t remember the exact figures, but it’s something around 15 EUR/month for a satellite TV subscription including the Polsat Sport channels (can’t be bought separately)
    7. Do they broadcast coverage online?
    No.
    There’s no alternatives, unfortunately, apart from tuning in to the German/Austrian TV. Polsat used to brodacast F1 on their free channel, but switched to the paid ones this season – since Kubica’s departure from the sport viewing figures remain quite low, and I can only assume F1 no longer makes the money they wanted it to. The commentary is also a subject of criticism here, we have much better motorsport commentators in this country than Andrzej Borowczyk who’s disliked by a lot of people. But apart from that, nothing much to complain about.

Profile photo of Enigma
    Enigma
    Participant

1. Slovenia
    2. TV SLO 2 (national TV). Also, Austria’s ORF is accessible.
    3. All races live, albeit interrupted by commercials quite a bit (I can switch to ORF, though).
    4. Qualy is shown live, except on some occasions when there’s a sporting event on that’s deemed more important (mostly because Slovenes are taking part). It happens maybe twice a year.
    5. No live practice – for some years FP2 was live online, but I don’t think it still is.
    6. I don’t know how it is elsewhere, but basically every household has to pay and subscibe to the national radioTV by law. So you’re no directly paying for F1 (or sport).
    7. They do, all their channels can be watched online (but only by IPs from the country).
    8. None

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

The Netherlands

Sport1 (subscription based)
    Veronica
    RTL (Germany)
    BBC

Sport1: all races live
    Veronica: Canadian and US GPs live; all other races are shown in highlights
    RTL (Germany): all races live
    BBC: Malaysian GP, Spanish GP, Canadian GP, British GP, Belgian GP, Italian GP, Japanese GP, Russian GP, Abu Double Greatest Prize

Sport1: yes
    Veronica: no
    RTL (Germany): yes
    BBC: for above races

Sport1: yes
    Veronica: no
    RTL (Germany): some, cannot find listings for entire season. Usually FP3.
    BBC: no

Sport1 would cost you 300 euros for 12 months, however most TV providers allow you to cancel on a monthly basis. It’s on KPN-based providers for free right now, ending March 31st, meaning the Australian and Malaysian GPs were free to view. For some.

They post some content here and have online info. http://video.sport1.nl/formule1/clips

For people near Belgium; there is a Belgian broadcaster, also subscription based. Some Dutch F1 websites provide alternatives, as well, if you catch my drift.

Profile photo of Force Maikel
    Force Maikel
    Participant

Belgium
    La Deux (French speaking not Dutch) also available in HD and a standard version
    BBC: Note!: only BBC ONE is in HD the others are not so Practice cannot be seen in HD
    RTL (German) not available in HD
    Sporting Telenet (subscription based) only in HD no standard version
    La Deux: Yes
    BBC: Only those when live on BBC ONE and BBC ONE HD
    RTL: Yes
    Sporting Telenet: Yes
    La Deux: Yes
    BBC: Only those when live on BBC ONE and BBC ONE HD
    Sporting Telenet: Yes
    La Deux: No
    BBC: Yes but only those when live on BBC TWO
    RTL: No, only highlights from FP3 right before Q
    Sporting Telenet: No
    Only customers from Telenet itself can get Sporting Telenet which is basically their structure for the national football league. If you already were a customer for this you get F1 as a bonus. If you only get it for F1 you are basically overpaying, but that’s my personal opinion/ The costs: you can get a day pass which costs 9,95€ so for an Q and Race you pay 19,90€, you can also get a month pass which costs 16,45€.
    7. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options
    That’s basically it.

Brave little Belgium? Poor little Belgium you mean!

Profile photo of Klon
    Klon
    Participant

1. What country are you in? (and state, if applicable)
    Germany, Schleswig-Holstein

RTL: normal resolution, available in HD as part of HD+, a collection of HD private channels
    Sky Deutschland: available in HD by default
    Sport1: normal resolution, available in HD as part of HD+, acollection of HD private channels

Sky Deutschland: Yes
    Sport1: Only Highlights

Sport1: Only Highlights

RTL: No, highlights of FP3 on tape delay
    Sport1: Mostly, with some practice sessions for the fly-away races missing

The cheapest Sky Deutschland package involving F1 runs at €562.80 per annum. The abovementioned HD+ package (which is not needed to watch the channels, only to get their HD counterparts) runs at €50 a year, although the initial costs of pursuing a HD+ module or HD+ receiver are reasonably high (can’t name exact figures at the moment)

7. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options
    Nothing that I know of.

Profile photo of thaischumi
    thaischumi
    Participant

Czech Republic

Nova and Nova sport and Fanda (Czech TVs)
    RTL (German TV)
    Sport1 (German TV)

Nova: Yes, Except Bahrain, Canadian, US and Brazilian GPs due to program conflict
    Fanda: Only Bahrain, Canadian, US and Brazilian GPs
    Nova sport: Replay
    Sport1: 1 Hour Highlights

Nova and Fanda: No
    Nova sport: Yes
    Sport1: Highlights

Nova and Fanda: No
    Nova sport: Mostly
    RTL: No
    Sport1: Only FP1 (mostly) and FP2

Nova and Fanda: Free to view (not free to air)
    Nova sport: 150 USD per year
    RTL: Free to air
    Sport1: Free to air

Nova, Fanda and Nova Sport: Yes, but not for free.
    RTL: Yes, needs IP from Germany
    Sport1: Yes, needs IP from Germany

Profile photo of US_Peter
    US_Peter
    Participant

Lord Stig already summed up the solitary option in the US pretty well. As he said price depends on your cable/satellite provider and what you get. We pay $80 for our satellite with a two tuner DVR. If there were a good option for F1 (both live and on demand) through the web or through an AppleTV app we would probably cancel our satellite subscription completely.

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

United States, Mississippi

NBC Sports (NBC broadcasts the American events)

All races are live.

Most of the qualifying sessions are live, but some are delayed.

FP2 is usually shown live, but sometimes it is delayed. FP1 and FP3 are not normally live.

I think the channel comes with premium cable or a sports package on satellite, so an extra $240-$480 a year.

They broadcast the coverage if you have the channel. I do think they broadcast some of the coverage of the US GP for free, but I am not sure if they will again. http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

Profile photo of Alonso
    Alonso
    Participant

Chile

Fox Sports franchise
    Fox Sports
    Fox Sports Premium (Only for Chile)
    Fox Sports 3 (Free Practices, GP2-GP3 live and reruns of Races, Qualy and the post race)

The entire season

Yes

Yes, since 2011

Well it’s a bit confusing but if you wanna watch F1 live in Chile you have to buy the “Fox Sports Premium” (7 pounds per month) to get the F1 races and Qualy live while the Free Practices and GP2-GP3 are live on Fox Sports 3 which is available on every cable company here without paying an extra price.
    Here’s the mindblowing fact. The “Fox Sports Premium” runs only for Chile. Places like Argentina, Colombia, etc don’t have to pay for that “premium pack” they watch the races on Fox Sports.

http://www.foxplay.com/sports Only with TV subscription. Not available as a internet only subscription but not available for my Cable company (Movistar)

Until 2012 F1 was being shown Free to air on Chilevision then Fox Sports broke the contract at the end of that season……

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Belgium/Flanders (België/Vlaanderen)
    La Une et La Deux (French), BBC (selected races), Telenet (subscription €22 a month/ also includes NFH and football)
    La Une et La Deux all, BBC only the selected ones live but all broadcasted with a retardation. Telenet all with bad commentary.
    Yes.
    BBC does, Telenet sometimes and La Une et La Deux never as far as I’ve seen.
    €22 per month for Telenet, but this is with terrible commentary, it is better to stream skysports and mute La Une et La Deux.
    No. Vipbox however allows SkySports to be streamed.
    I watch races live on BBC when possible, Q always on La Une or La Deux together with a live timing on the laptop. Races that BBC does not broadcast are more enjoyable when streamed.

Of course if you live in the French part of Belgium, La une is probably the best although their contract isn’t going to last very long with Telenet taking over motorsport.

On Sporza highlights can be seen. Last race they were up to 30 minutes long. Belgium is preparing for Stoffel in F1. It was even in the news Rosberg won the season openener and later on the radio aswell. I’m not used to that here in Belgium. 80% of the people don’t even know whe have a beauty like Spa in our backyard.

Profile photo of Palle
    Palle
    Participant

Denmark

TV3+
    RTL HD (Germany) via some broadcaster like “Yousee”

TV3+: All races live
    RTL HD (Germany): all races live

TV3+: yes
    RTL HD(Germany): yes

TV3+: Yes, this year they do. I don’t think they did last year though.
    RTL (Germany): FP3 recorded is shown a few hours before the race starts.

TV3+: as part of a package You have to pay additional £19, but You can buy this one channel only as an extra channel to the basic package for only £5,50.
    RTL HD: £24 for the basic TV channel package with the RTL HD F1 coverage in German. Problem for me is that when they do simultaneous interpretation to German during English interviews I feel like 2 people talking to me at the same time, because I understand German and English almost equally well. Then I listen to the sound from http://www.vipboxeu.co/sports/formula-1.html

No

This Sunday I go to the local cinema and watch the race from 30 minutes before green lights. It costs app £10. Actually one cinema in Denmark is almost sold out already thursday evening – because of Kevin, the F1 fever has caught Denmark;-)
    RTL focus on all the German drivers, Mercedes and Red Bull, TV3+ focus on all the Danish Drivers and McLaren;-) The German commercials are almost worse than the Danish, and some of them haven’t been changed for years!

Profile photo of OmarR-Pepper
    OmarR-Pepper
    Participant

1. What country are you in (and state, if applicable) Lima, Peru
    2. Which channels broadcast F1 near you? FOX Sports LA (“cable” channel)
    3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number (if so, how many?) All
    4. Do they also show qualifying live? All
    5. Do they also show practice sessions live? all Practices, but in a more expensive channel. (Part of a premium package)
    Movistar TV offers quite a lot of variations for the subscription, but it’s around $360 a year (and the full package of all the F1 coverage is quite double)
    No, but I’d love to know links that work in Latin America in general
    There’s a cars program on TV that shows the highlights of the race, but 2 weeks late (and just a 5 min release) so they’ll show the Australian GP this weekend.
    *F1 has really little popularity in Peru. You say F1 and people ask “Is Schumacher still running? What? he retired?”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.