• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 1 minute ago

F1 discussion

How to watch F1 in your region

This topic contains 102 replies, has 77 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Ludwig Ludwig 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    plushpile
    Participant

What country are you in? – Australia
    2. Which channels broadcast F1 near you? – Qualifying on One, full race on Ten
    3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number? – All races live
    4. Do they also show qualifying live? – Yes
    5. Do they also show practice sessions live? – No
    6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost? – Ten and One are free to air channels
    7. Do they broadcast coverage online? – Yes, http://tenplay.com.au/sport/formula-1
    8. Please supply any relevant information such as alternative viewing options – Qualifying is shown live on One, which is an HD sports/entertainment channel owned by Network Ten. Races are shown on the network’s main channel, Ten, in Standard Definition only. The coverage uses the Sky F1 commentary and feeds, with ad breaks a plenty. There is typically half an hour of discussion by the Australian team before and after each session.

@mitch has got it all there for Aussie viewers

I’d only add;
    Really disappointing to watch races in SD, especially when they were broadcast HD previously (until mid last year).

Also sad that there is no legal way to watch FP1/2/3 in Australia for any other races than the Aus GP.

The quality of analysis on One/Ten is poor (although it has improved with the addition of AJ), so whether possible I have a live stream going before and after the race to watch the coverage from Sky/BBC. Handy to use the stream to fill in ad breaks too.

Finally, strangely I prefer watching European races than Asian ones. Watching the race from 10-12 on a Sunday night really suits me.

Miguel
    Participant

1. What country are you in (and state, if applicable)
    Portugal
    2. Which channels broadcast F1 near you?
    SportTv
    3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number (if so, how many?)
    All the races
    4. Do they also show qualifying live?
    Yes
    5. Do they also show practice sessions live?
    Yes
    6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)?
    The susbscription is around 28€/month (336€ / year)
    7. Do they broadcast coverage online? If so please post link/s
    They have something called multi platform. You can see it on you phone, tablet, pc and television
    8. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options
    These channels are inserted into some tv packages. You can’t just add the channels, you have to first add a tv package and then add the channels to that package. The packages have some costs and they start at around 25€/month, I believe. For example I have the tv, phone and internet with SportTv added to the tv package, that has a cost for me of about 80€/month.

GeeMac
    Participant

An update to my post, I couldn’t find the Aussie GP on Abu Dhabi Sports 2, it seems to have moved to BeIn Sports (formerly Al Jazeera Sport), so the new list is as follows:

United Arab Emirates – Dubai

BeIn Sports 12HD for English commentary (to be confirmed after today’s race, my fingers are crossed) BeIn Sports 6HD

All

Yes

Yes

6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)?

BeIn Sports is available as an additional package with any of the major TV operators Du , Etisalat and OSN. I’m not aware of the full breakdown but my monthly subscription for TV, Internet, Landline and BeIn Sports is AED775 (GBP126 or USD210). So it ain’t cheap…

No.

8. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options

None. Hopefully the fact that the F1 is on both BeIn Sports 6HD and BeIn Sports 12HD means that I will finally have decent English (read Sky or BBC) commentary, as they do a similar thing with football. It’s getting a bit old having to stream decent commentary which is either ahead or behind the action on the telly.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Thanks to everyone who’s posted information so far – lots of interesting detail. I will put this together into a quick reference table and give it a proper place on the website for people to refer to, but before I do that I’d like to collect some more responses so please keep them coming.

I also wanted to check a few details on the cost for each channel because this is an area which is a bit complicated. If anyone from the regions below (including the people who made the original posts) can clear up the details below that would be helpful:

Italy – What’s the cost for Sky (I understand RAI is free)? (@Fixy)
    Finland – Can you subscribe for just March to November or do you have to buy 12 months? (@RetardedF1sh)
    New Zealand – What’s the cost? (@Jarred-Walmsley)
    India – Do you have to pay a charge for the cable operators? (@FabF1)
    Poland – What’s the cost? (@ArtAnonim)
    Belgium – Costs for La Deux/BBC/RTL (@Force-Maikel, @ardenflo)
    Czech Republic – I didn’t understand the part that read: “Nova and Fanda: Free to view (not free to air)”? (@thaischumi
    Denmark – Sorry @Palle I don’t understand what you’ve written. Can you say what you have to pay per season to watch F1?
    Peru – @OmarR-Pepper you seem to have given answers for two different channels – can you fill in the blanks please?

Please do keep filling in responses whether or not your own country has already appeared on the list. It would be particularly good to get responses for Spain and Brazil. Here’s the list of questions again:

There are similar threads open for some other series and more are being added:

How to watch IndyCar in your region
    How to watch Formula Renault 3.5 in your region
    How to watch GP2 in your region
    How to watch GP3 in your region

Eddie
    Participant

Macedonia
    Macedonian National TV, SportKlub TV
    All the races
    Yes
    SportKlub TV does, MTV1 not
    It’s on cable, which is 10 euros a month, no subscription to a specific channels
    There is website which has the macedonian tv channels and you can watch F1 there on MTV1 for free (macedonian only – http://play.mrt.com.mk/epg/linear/3551)
    Really cheap, but it comes with a price, the commentators on MTV1 have no clue of F1, mute is the best option or switching to SportKlub TV, where the commentating is decent but nothing technical.

By the way, there are no other options to choose

Milansson
    Participant

Hi Keith,

Slovakia
    TV Dajto and TV Markíza
    They show all the races live. Dajto normally broadcasts the qualifying session and TV Markíza the race (owned by the same company). The Bahrain GP was broadcasted on TV Dajto.
    yes
    no
    this is a free channel
    no
    The only thing I am doing is to check for links online via thefirstrow.eu – there I can always find sky broadcast online, so that is good enough for me.

Backwards
    Participant

@keithcollantine: Regarding the viewing costs for Belgium: cable subscription and author rights are paid to watch regular cable tv (La Deux/RTL/BBC). It can cost more if you have decoder for digital tv, but regular cable tv is (at my provider, which is Telenet) 15.35 euros. The sports package costs extra and requires you to have digital TV and the costs can really add up.

My answers on the question:

1. Belgium
    2. La Deux, RTL, BBC. Telenet also has a sports package called “Sporting Telenet”. They provide live coverage of qualifying session and races. They have a total of 6 channels, if I am correct (pit view, cockpit view, map view, …)
    3. Paid package “Sporting Telenet”: yes. Other channels; not sure, I think La Deux does, but BBC of course does not. Not sure about RTL.
    4. paid package “Sporting Telenet” does, no idea about the others
    5. Don’t think so
    6. € 330
    7. Yes – http://www.yelotv.be
    8. None

Jarred Walmsley
    Participant

@keithcollantine Sky NZ with the sports package is $NZ73.37/month with no joining/installation fee

$46.92 for basic (Over 50 basic channels) with the sports pack being $26.45 per month

12 month minimum basic contract, optional packs can be dropped with 1 months notice as far as i’m aware

http://www.skytv.co.nz/prices.aspx

Osvaldas31
    Participant

1. What country are you in (and state, if applicable)? Lithuania.
    2. Which channels broadcast F1 near you? Viasat Sport Baltic.
    3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number (if so, how many?) All races.
    4. Do they also show qualifying live? Yes.
    5. Do they also show practice sessions live? Yes.
    6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)? It costs about 150 pounds per year.
    7. Do they broadcast coverage online? If so please post link/s No.
    8. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options You can watch replay on free channel TV6, but it’s always on 7 pm. Besides, commentary is really awful and boring.

Oleg
    Participant

Russia
    Russia2(SD), Sport1(in HD)
    All races, sometimes not live
    Yes
    Only Sport1
    Sport1 – 30 pounds a year
    Russia2.tv
    You can watch live russia2 programs via sportbox.ru site, but quality is rather poor. Also there are number of paid online tv services, but I don’t use them.

Girts
    Participant

1. What country are you in (and state, if applicable) Latvia
    2. Which channels broadcast F1 near you? Viasat Sport Baltic
    3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number (if so, how many?) All
    4. Do they also show qualifying live? Yes
    5. Do they also show practice sessions live? Yes
    6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)? You have to pay for a package of channels, the cheapest offer I could find (via Lattelecom Interactive TV) costs 178 EUR a year
    7. Do they broadcast coverage online? If so please post link/s No
    8. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options TV6, a cheaper pay-TV channel, shows replay in the evening. I watch F1 on RTL via satellite for free, the channel is available on cable TV, too. It is actually impossible to say that watching F1 costs one … a year because it depends on your starting point. E.g. if you already have the basic Interactive TV package, then you need to pay only 66 EUR extra to watch Viasat Sport channels. And if you have satellite television and are fine with German commentators, then it costs you nothing.

Dan_the_McLaren_fan
    Participant

1. What country are you in (and state, if applicable) : Belgium
    2. Which channels broadcast F1 near you? La Deux (RTBF) and the BBC
    3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number (if so, how many?) La Deux show all the races and the qualifying live (and one of the free practice session in Spa).
    6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)? La Deux is a free channel (with the DTV) but you have to pay a subscription to have the BBC (among 30-40 other channels). I don’t know the exact price, but it’s around 30€/month (company – Voo).
    7. Do they broadcast coverage online? All the coverage is available on the RTBF website for 7 days. The coverage isn’t live and it appears a couple of hours after the race is over.

Palle
    Participant

Update to my post about viewing F1 in Denmark:

The basic TV package where I can see F1 via German RTL costs almost £290 a year. The add-on package to view the TV3+ channel with the Danish F1 coverage costs £228 a year. Here I get a lot of other channels included in the package. However I can buy the TV3+ channel as a single channel add-on to my basic package for £66 a year.

RetardedF1sh
    Participant

@keithcollantine You can buy a channel pack in the beginning of the season and cancel it after the season has ended, in which case it will be 19,95 € for each month or you can get it for each month individually, which is more expensive (29,95 €/month) or you can buy it for 24h for 9,95 €, if you only want to see the race, but for 19 races it will be more expensive

You can also buy just formula 1 for the entire season which does not include any other channels and can only be seen online for 89,95 €.

The first option includes GP2, GP3, IndyCar and anything else that comes from the five channels included. I’m not sure about the second one, however. GP2 and GP3 are probably included, but you can’t see IndyCar or other sports there.

Here’s the page where you can watch or subscribe to MTV F1

http://www.mtvkatsomo.fi/?treeId=33002001

Karmen
    Participant

1. What country are you in: Spain

2. Which channels broadcast F1 near you? We have two: Antena 3 (free) and Movistar TV (ppv)

3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number (if so, how many?) Both channels show all races live

4. Do they also show qualifying live? Yes

5. Do they also show practice sessions live? Yes

6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)? I’m not too sure about this one as it appears to have more than one premium package but I think Movistar TV is around 50€ per month

7. Do they broadcast coverage online? If so please post link/s. Antena 3 does broadcast all sessions live online as well (http://www.atresplayer.com/directos/television/formula-1/)

8. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options. Those two channels I’ve just spoken about broadcast to the whole country. There’s another channel called TV3, but that one is only for Catalonia. I believe it’s the only one but I could be wrong.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.