• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 13 hours, 2 minutes ago

F1 discussion

How will the 2014 cars look

This topic contains 72 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of spoutnik spoutnik 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ludwig
    Ludwig
    Participant

The horror, the horror!

Hairy Ant Eater

Profile photo of matt90
    matt90
    Participant

Well that is hideous.

The anteater comparison is unfair to both anteaters and the 2007 McLaren which some nicknamed ‘anteater’.

Profile photo of Force Maikel
    Force Maikel
    Participant

It makes the stepped noses look beautifull!!! What on earth is the FIA smoking…

Profile photo of MazdaChris
    MazdaChris
    Participant

Ok, I’m just going to say it. That’s a wang on the front of the car. There’s no two ways about it.

Profile photo of Fer no.65
    Fer no.65
    Participant

Holy moly ! and here I was saying: “meh, it can’t be worse than the platypus !”

It looks rude.

Profile photo of toiago
    toiago
    Participant

I think we’d be better off with something like the front end section of the Toyota Tf109, ditching that stupid tip of the nose cone.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2009/r-z-0-9/2009-Toyota-TF109-F1-Car-Studio-Side-1920×1440.jpg

If they increase the minimum width of the nose tip, will we not get a lot of Brawn 001 looking cars?

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

Calling it the tip is not helping with removing the idea of it looking like male genitals..

I’d prefer McLaren-esque noses from 07 or 08, but in general form seems to follow function in F1, where as teams used to have at least some sense of (aerodynamic) style.

Profile photo of toiago
    toiago
    Participant

@npf1 – I assure you that it was not my intention!
    For me I’d love something like the Mclaren MP4-20, to me it looks stunning!

http://www.henkel.at/atd/content_images/5D2C9182ABE4DA7DC1257022002B22C6_PMC1_F1_300.jpg

Profile photo of PieLighter
    PieLighter
    Participant

I suppose we should be thankful that Marussia is no longer called Virgin. The jokes in 2010 were bad enough.

Profile photo of Deej92
    Deej92
    Participant

That is… horrible. I thought we were going to see MP4-22-esque noses which I personally liked, or perhaps the larger BGP 001-esque nose. Going on what Newey and Michael have said, we can probably say at least a couple of teams will go with this horrid nose (I’m going to call it “the Wang” as MazdaChris put it). The stepped nose is still the worst type of nose I’ve ever seen though.

Profile photo of Tomsk
    Tomsk
    Participant

I wonder what Team Willy will come up with?

This quote from the Autosport article says a lot about the so-called decision-makers in F1 today.

…some senior Formula 1 technical personnel have already called for changes to improve aesthetics, but this was not successful due to a lack of agreement on the need to do something

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

I really like how the 2014 car looks. It perfectly embodies F1′s current excitement level.

Profile photo of Dion
    Dion
    Participant

@andae23 Flaccid?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.