F1

How will you cope with the F1 off-season?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    InSilico_
    Participant

With it being 103 days until Formula One gets going again, what will you be doing to help pass the time until the 15th of March? It’s not just the end of the Formula One season – all of the other major motorsport categories are finished also – IndyCar, WEC, BTCC, MotoGP, GP2, Nascar and so on… so unfortunately there’s very little motorsport to watch in the next couple of months.

For me, I’ll be looking at old races on YouTube and watching F1 season reviews which I have on DVD, as well as logging onto F1Fanatic every day like I always do. There is also Formula E to watch, but only two races! I honestly can’t think of many more motorsport related things to pass the time until March. It definitely will be a long wait.

Mathers
    Participant

There is always a few endurance races in the Gulf over the winter, and there is the Dakar Rally and Monte Carlo Rally too. Two of my favourite winter events are the Daytona 24 Hours and the Bathurst 12 Hours. Some of it isn’t particularly high level, but dig deep enough and you will not be short of winter motor racing! :)

Craig Woollard
    Participant

By watching Formula e, USCC, Bathurst 12 hours, and by practising for various online racing communities.

DDonovan1993
    Participant

Formula E anyway. I also picked up the MotoGP VideoPass for €1 during for the Black Friday deal so I’ll relive some memories with that!

Diceman
    Participant

I’ll try to learn how to keep the car on the road on Richard Burns Rally-game. I believe it will take the whole winter-break.

Diceman
    Participant

I’ll try to learn how to keep the car on the road on Richard Burns Rally-game. I believe it will take the whole off-season.

Diceman
    Participant

Hmm, is there any way to delete the double post?

Atticus
    Participant

I usually watch other sport events – I’m a big fan of alpine skiing, downhill and Super-G. I’m also an avid follower of the Race of Champions and the Dakar.

Last weekend, I checked out the 6 hours of Interlagos and I was fascinated by the raw racing experience, something which is missing from F1 since 2009-2010, when the tyres first got intentionally less durable than possible and refuelling got banned. I really liked the flat-out racing I saw with all the strategic complexities of the mandated fuel tank sizes dictating fuel and race strategy and the ever-advancing tyre technology making ‘double-stinting’ tactics possible.

So I hope to find some of the other rounds of 2014 on the internet and watch how they unfolded.

Atticus
    Participant

Double post, the whole site hanged for quite a while.

Theo Parkinson
    Participant

I normally like to watch an old F1 season over the course of a month. Preferably a season I have nostalgia for or know little about.

McL88AsAp
    Participant

I usually play f1 games and also watching football, especially in boxing day which is very often.

Rigi
    Participant

i watch alpine skiing during the winter. or i go ski myself ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll dig out my old VHS tapes with original recordings from BBC and ITV broadcasts and watch them (I still have a working video recorder, and the tapes have great picture!) … bring on classics like Monza 1988, Monaco 1996 and GP of Europe 1999.

Plus my official FOCA tape of Monaco 1984 (in the days when they did individual GPs on video), oh yes add DVDs of Rush, 1: Life on the Limit, Senna … I don’t know if I have enough days for all this!

Ibrahim
    Participant

Rodney

@junior-pilot

Can I come over to your house!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Ibrahim Sure!

I also found my first ever VHS recording of an F1 race, BBC 45min highlights of the 1986 Brazilian GP. It was weird hearing Murray Walker happily referring to the ‘Marlboro McLaren’ and ‘JPS Lotus’ – openly advertising cigarette brands on a supposedly non-advertising channel. How times changed!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.