F1

Hungary race start

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    W-K
    Participant

Did my eyes deceive me or did MS overtake illegally just after turn 1 at the start of the race, by driving off the track?

Dan Thorn
    Participant

Yes he did. Loads of drivers do it though – a couple went off at Hockenheim and every year someone (usually Raikkonen) does it at Spa. I’m surprised they havent cracked down more on it to be honest.

Steph90

I thought so. They should do something about it really.

As for Spa 09, I was desperate for a Ferrari win but not that desperate. I couldn’t really be that happy with the win when perhaps it should have been Force India’s (what a story that would have been).

Dan Thorn
    Participant

Me too. That’s the second time Kimi stole a win from Fisi :( The Fisi fan inside of me is being awoken and rage is beginning to build…Don’t….mention…Suzuka…05…

Enigma
    Participant

Maybe some f1 drivers didn’t have the guts to do it, after they saw the GP2 crash.

TommyB
    Participant

Yeah I don’t get it either. Kimi clearly cut in Spa and got a huge advantage up Eau Rouge.

Ads21
    Participant

I do sound like a broken record sometimes but still the solution … replace the tarmac with grass or gravel and people won’t gain an advantage by running wide.

wasiF1
    Participant

I don’t think the steward mind if anyone runs wide in turn 1.

Steph90

Mistakes can be made esp as turn 1 on the first lap but if anyone gains an advantage I don’t see why they turn a blind eye. They rarely do during a race.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.