F1

“I note the blatant racism of your site…”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

We get loads of great, interesting, informed comments from readers on F1 Fanatics and I get a lot of positive feedback via email as well.

But not all of it is quite so complimentary. This hilarious blend of massive hostility and pig ignorance appeared in my inbox yesterday:

I note the blatant racism of your site when you mention Lewis Hamilton ,after
    Nico Rosbeg, as if Hamilton is a secondary driver to one race in 3 years driver Rosberg.What racism.On your site you mention Vettal first before Webber.
    You mention Alonso before Massa.You mention Kimi Rikonen before Grosjean.
    You are so racist.The sad thing is you dont even know that your being racist because everyone and his dog around the world know that Hamilton is far superior to Rosbeg.Just look at the fact that Hamilton usually outqualifys Rosbegrg, and Rosberg have never been world champion.

It’s clear from the email the person in question (who I won’t embarrass by naming) hasn’t noticed that the list of drivers they’re referring to (such as here) is simply ordered by the driver numbers as published by the FIA:

http://www.fia.com/news/2013-fia-formula-one-world-championship-entry-list

electrolite
    Participant

Incredible…

Piotr Koteryl
    Participant

Wow…that is depressingly over-zealous!

Also, I am always amazed when people don’t bother to check their spelling before posting (sorry, I’m a bit of a walking dictionary), so the mix of ignorance and illiteracy here makes for amusing reading!

Tommy C
    Participant

So it is the FIA who is racist! :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow… That’s just brilliant!

Participant

Come on, that has to be a troll. No way it’s serious…

matt90
    Participant

Did the lunatic/troll find any other examples?

Participant

Massa being mentioned after Alonso is clearly a sign that Keith hates short people.

David-A
    Participant

@keithcollantine the person has to be a WUM, surely? :P

Anonymous
    Inactive

Damn…. that guy really has issues… I have sent emails like that in the past but not over racism…. more in the lines of dictatorship but not racism… I would love to guess the nationality of this person but that would probably make him signal me out as racist as well…. hahahahaha

fangio85
    Participant

Lol oh dear, some people…

plushpile
    Participant

Surely they are trollin’

andae23
    Participant

I also noticed that in today’s round-up header, ‘Pirelli’ is mentioned before ‘Red Bull’, which obviously implies Keith takes Pirellis side on this matter. Even in Keith’s very first article, ‘Bernie’ is mentioned before ‘game’, which implies that Keith believes that Bernie is in fact more than just a game. It’s all so obvious now ;)

PieLighter
    Participant

In the article about team orders not only at Mercedes and Red Bull, RBR are mentioned first. This means that Keith believes and supports Helmut Marko’s claims and not Hamilton’s.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Just look at the fact that Hamilton usually outqualifys Rosbegrg, and Rosberg have never been world champion.

I find it hilariously contradictory that being mentioned second when you have greater achievements is considered “racism” when the author accuses you of being racist even when you mention other drivers second when they have lesser achievements compared to their team-mates.

So if it is racist to mention Hamilton after Rosberg when Hamilton has been World Champion and Rosberg has not, then how is mentioning Massa after Alonso equally racist when Alonso has been World Champion and Massa has not?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.